Question about HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Good charger but no power light up
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Disconnect the AC adaptor, Take the battery out and press and hold the power button about 5 seconds. After that connect the AC adaptor and insert the battery turn it on. If issue persist please inform for further troubleshooting.
Posted on Mar 01, 2008
i have a Compaq nc6320 when i plug in the power cord the electricity led doesn't want to turn on i have changed the cords and the adapters and i doesn't power on or even charge the battery, did any one have an idea what to do in this problem?
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
Ok, as long as the high security level has not been set in the bios then the following will work to reset / disable the bios password.
1. Remove the battery and mains adapter.
2. Remove the memory cover on the back of the laptop and remove the 2 keyboard screws.
3. Open the laptop and at the top of the keyboard you will see 4 sliding tabs. They are located between the 'Esc & F1 keys' 'F4 & F5 keys' 'F8 & F9 keys' and 'F12 & delete keys'. Slide these down and lift the keyboard up and pull forward slightly so as to disengauge the bottom lugs. Be carefull as there is a ribbon cable at the bottom that does not need to be tugged or removed.
4. You will now see at the bottom behind the keyboard a small battery connected to the motherboard. Gently pull the small white plug upwards untill it is removed from the board.
5. Wait 5 minutes and re-connect the small battery plug.
6. Re-install the keyboard and push back the clips. You do not need to replace the screws yet.
7. Apply the DC jack and power on - DO NOT INSTALL THE MAIN BATTERY.
8. Turn the laptop on while pressing f10 repeatedly but slowly - Do not hold it.
9. If high security is disabled you should now be in the setup screen, select 'Restore Defaults' and press F10 to save.
10. The password is now removed.
If this does not work then HP say that there is no other way to reset it. Im not sure about that, there probably is by some method of de-soldering the bios chip. However the above method worked for me so I hope it does for you. Please rate if you have any luck.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | HP Computers & Internet
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Oct 27, 2009 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Dec 24, 2008 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Mar 31, 2008 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
Mar 01, 2008 | HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!