Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Ink system failure, cant print. pls help what to do to fix?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Don't waste your time on the copy and paste HP solution above.
If you really want to fix your printer:
Okay, HERE IS THE ACTUAL FIX FOR THIS ERROR.
1. Disconnect your USB cable.
2. Turn off the printer.
3. Press and hold down these four buttons at the same time:
OK, Cancel, Black, Color.
4. While still holding them down hit the power button once.
5. It will Blink.
5. Hit the power button again.
6. Continue holding until you get a message on the screen.
7. Allow the printer to sequence through and there you go.
Posted on May 01, 2009
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it... It is hard to get the cover off (and it's not the top cover, but the one on the right side as facing), but once you do follow the directions below.
- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
- Disconnect by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
- Unplug power source.
- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
SOURCE: Ink System Failure HP C5180
Hidden tech menu For resetting and repair, FIX UIAUX
Fixes error 0xc18a0507 error ink system fail
press <left arrow> then press <setup> button together
then press <ok>once support R0631m comes on screen
right arrow 2 times to the System configuration menu
then <ok> to select and ok to confirm reset error.
then <cancel> to escape ( all of witch are onscreen instructions.)
presto restart and no further error
------------- solution 2 ----------------------------------
HP C5180 All-In-One Printer HARD RESET:
Hold down HELP + OK button and unplug printer
Hold down HELP + OK button again as you plug the printer back in.
Then power it on, if it doesn’t power on automatically.
Be Safe: keep holding the buttons until the printer turns itself off. (It took mine less than a minute.)
Now you can release the buttons and simply power it back on.
I got an error message about “improper shut down” since I unplugged it w/out powering down. After I clicked “OK” the printer was just fine and didn’t mind anymore. And now I can print.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
I know this sounds crazy but I did this and others have too, it worked. Hold down four buttons at the same time ( OK, Cancel, Black , Color ) and turn the power off. Note: I figured out how to hold the 4 keys down with one hand and push the on/off switch at the same time. Once you power the printer back up is will take a few minutes to go through maintenance. Then it will “hopefully” go back to normal. I did this 2x’s. HP gives you a procedure that doesn't work! They just want to make money off fixing it every 6 months. They are in the service, repair and “ink business” not printer manufacturing.
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
Hi ok try
I found this I know your error not in here but it may work for
It worth a try nothing to lose and it may work.
I know your error code is not in this but it some times it clean the error with this type of error number you can gave it a go try not harm it
Error code: 0xc18a0201, 0xc18a0206, 0xc18a0306, 0xc18a030a, 0xd0620130, 0x887dd03a, 0xd05d010d, 0xf0af8004, 0xc19ac3ff, 0xc18a050...
Reset the product:
1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
3. Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
5. Wait 60 seconds.
6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
9. Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2014 | United Stationers HP Photosmart C8180...
Feb 18, 2013 | HP C6280 Photosmart All-in-One Printer...
Apr 14, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 04, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 17, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Aug 24, 2008 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Jul 18, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6100 All-In-One Printer
May 15, 2008 | HP Photosmart D7460 Printer
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: