Question about Nintendo Entertainment System

Open Question

Accidentally plugged the NES that uses 110v into a 220v.

The adapter blew after a couple of seconds. there was a burning smell coming from the adapter but the NES had no smoke or anything coming out of it. does this mean i fried the NES or was it just the adapter? can i just buy another adapter? please help!

Posted by on

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 223 Answers

SOURCE: nes wont come on!ac adapter is warm though

As far as I know a NES can go on for a very long time if looked after properly. I still have mine with duck hunt and it works fine lol. The only way to check if it is working is to test the external power supply for the correct voltage output with a multimeter. It should be written on it somewhere what the output voltage is. Allow for +/- 2volts as this could be just meter error. If the voltage is too low suspect the external power supply as faulty. If too high it could have fried a component on the internal power supply. Hope this helps. Post on your progress.

Posted on Oct 07, 2008

  • 85 Answers

SOURCE: Wii plugged to 220v oulet. Burning plastic smell on adapter only.

Probably the adapter if you saw it burning from the adapter. I think you can replace an adapter from a store. Hope that helps.

Posted on Jan 20, 2010

  • 118 Answers

SOURCE: i plugged my 120V GameCube into the 220V outlet of

gamecubes are NOT 120 volts you got that from yahoo answers other websites say 12 volts which sounds bout rite i think you need to rethink the problem and post again if that little blue box takes that many 9 volt batteries to power (just an example) then that is not a gamecube but a nintendo god (treat with care)

Posted on Jan 16, 2011

  • 56 Answers

SOURCE: Norwegian ac adaptor from NES on UK SNES

The adaptor SHOULD work, seeing as European SNES's use the same voltage. If you use an adaptor with a different voltage, you might need a transformer or voltage converter.

Posted on Nov 03, 2011

brianw74
  • 400 Answers

SOURCE: Wii 100v plugged into 220v

Might try a different a/c adapter from gamestop or someplace else.....If that doesnt work, it may have internal fuses that popped.....If it doesnt the its toast.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is required to use it as far as electrical outlet.


Dryers come in both 110V and 220V.
If you plug a 220V dryer into a 110V socket, it will run very slow.
If you plug a 110V dryer into a 220V socket, it will burn up.
If you can find a 220V extension cord, then you should be able to use it.

Mar 08, 2015 | Dryers

1 Answer

Blew fuse bose 321


When a fuse turn black, you have a serious short inside. Repalcing the fuse will do nothing. For more information, please visit my website at audioserviceclinic.com. You may contact me directly through the website.

Feb 06, 2014 | Bose 3 2 1 GS Series II DVD Home...

1 Answer

Plugged 220v


if your microwaved runs with 110v and you connected to a 220v there is a fuse maybe it blew and nathing happened to the micro... if not most common the electronic board burns you know what that means... a new one

Feb 02, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

110v base plugged into 220v


Hi Allen,

Yes you can fix.
please go to repair personal with power adapter or buy same type one or by alternative power adapter but output must be same as the original and 220v as in .i think buying new one is a good idea.

regards,
nuwan.

Jan 09, 2014 | Panasonic KX-TG9341T Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Accidentally plugged the NES that uses 110v into a 220v.


Most likely only the adapter fried. You can still buy the adapter for about $10 at Ebay.

Jan 07, 2013 | Nintendo Entertainment System

1 Answer

What will happen if inserted the 110v input d-link wireless router power supply to a 220v outlet? does my router busted or just the power supply?


Most likely you have damaged not only the power supply but also the D-Link wireless router unless the power adapter is a multi-voltage power adapter. Check the label on the power adapter and if the input voltage is a fixed 110 volt power supply you are in trouble.
You can try getting a 110v power adapter and connect it into the D-Link and if it works then you are lucky.

Dec 29, 2012 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router

1 Answer

I accidentally plugged in my pulmoneb in a 220v outlet


plugging a 110v device into a 220v outlet is not likely, as the plugs are a different configuration. In the event that you somehow managed to do that, your device is probably fried, as that would be to much voltage. Hate to say it; but you are probably gonna need a new one

Nov 27, 2012 | DeVilbiss PulmoNeb Compressor Nebulizer...

4 Answers

My charger is accidentaly connect into 220v and this is burn. im here in philippine. its this to repair and i use again...


Is this a 110Volt version that you plugged into 220v?

There is a ceramic Fuse inside the unit that might be blown. It is the first thing on the circuit board near the power cord connection.

Open the unit up and post a photo of any burned components ?

Jul 10, 2011 | Makita 2 Bl1830 18v Battery,dc18ra Charger...

1 Answer

Wii plugged to 220v oulet. Burning plastic smell on adapter only.


Probably the adapter if you saw it burning from the adapter. I think you can replace an adapter from a store. Hope that helps.

Jan 20, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console

1 Answer

Battery Charging Problem


The problem is not with the batteris, but with your charger, you have to make sure it can take 220V or you will burn it. Look for a switch on it to change from 110V to 220V.

Aug 28, 2008 | Energizer Rechargable Battery with Charger

Not finding what you are looking for?

Open Questions:

Nintendo Entertainment System Logo

Related Topics:

19 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games Experts

Bee Santiago

Level 2 Expert

268 Answers

Raj Patel

Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

phil

Level 2 Expert

567 Answers

Are you a Nintendo Video Game Console and Game Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...