Question about Nintendo Entertainment System

1 Answer

Accidentally plugged the NES that uses 110v into a 220v.

The adapter blew after a couple of seconds. there was a burning smell coming from the adapter but the NES had no smoke or anything coming out of it. does this mean i fried the NES or was it just the adapter? can i just buy another adapter? please help!

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 33 Answers

Most likely only the adapter fried. You can still buy the adapter for about $10 at Ebay.

Posted on Jan 20, 2013

Ad

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad
  • 223 Answers

SOURCE: nes wont come on!ac adapter is warm though

As far as I know a NES can go on for a very long time if looked after properly. I still have mine with duck hunt and it works fine lol. The only way to check if it is working is to test the external power supply for the correct voltage output with a multimeter. It should be written on it somewhere what the output voltage is. Allow for +/- 2volts as this could be just meter error. If the voltage is too low suspect the external power supply as faulty. If too high it could have fried a component on the internal power supply. Hope this helps. Post on your progress.

Posted on Oct 07, 2008

  • 85 Answers

SOURCE: Wii plugged to 220v oulet. Burning plastic smell on adapter only.

Probably the adapter if you saw it burning from the adapter. I think you can replace an adapter from a store. Hope that helps.

Posted on Jan 20, 2010

  • 118 Answers

SOURCE: i plugged my 120V GameCube into the 220V outlet of

gamecubes are NOT 120 volts you got that from yahoo answers other websites say 12 volts which sounds bout rite i think you need to rethink the problem and post again if that little blue box takes that many 9 volt batteries to power (just an example) then that is not a gamecube but a nintendo god (treat with care)

Posted on Jan 16, 2011

  • 56 Answers

SOURCE: Norwegian ac adaptor from NES on UK SNES

The adaptor SHOULD work, seeing as European SNES's use the same voltage. If you use an adaptor with a different voltage, you might need a transformer or voltage converter.

Posted on Nov 03, 2011

brianw74
  • 400 Answers

SOURCE: Wii 100v plugged into 220v

Might try a different a/c adapter from gamestop or someplace else.....If that doesnt work, it may have internal fuses that popped.....If it doesnt the its toast.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is required to use it as far as electrical outlet.


Dryers come in both 110V and 220V.
If you plug a 220V dryer into a 110V socket, it will run very slow.
If you plug a 110V dryer into a 220V socket, it will burn up.
If you can find a 220V extension cord, then you should be able to use it.

Mar 08, 2015 | Dryers

1 Answer

White smoke from air vents while ac was on,greasy film on window while defrost is on/heater coil?


Yes. The heater core is leaking bad. The white smoke is the coolant and steam. Be sure to add water to the radiator before you burn up the engine.

Oct 19, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

2003 Camry, engine just stopped


get a second opinion from a different reputable shop.

Aug 24, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Microwave smell like burning rubber


Good Afternoon Friend,

I understand that you are receiving a burning rubber smell from your Frigidaire microwave. I also see that your appliance will run for a couple of seconds, and then you hear a weird noise, followed by a burning rubber smell. I suggest contacting your local authorized technician, especially when dealing with your microwave. They will be able to diagnose your appliance and determine what is causing that sound as well as the burning rubber smell. Hope this is helpful.

-Best Regards-
WP

Jun 17, 2014 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Blew fuse bose 321


When a fuse turn black, you have a serious short inside. Repalcing the fuse will do nothing. For more information, please visit my website at audioserviceclinic.com. You may contact me directly through the website.

Feb 06, 2014 | Bose 3 2 1 GS Series II DVD Home...

1 Answer

Plugged 220v


if your microwaved runs with 110v and you connected to a 220v there is a fuse maybe it blew and nathing happened to the micro... if not most common the electronic board burns you know what that means... a new one

Feb 02, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

110v base plugged into 220v


Hi Allen,

Yes you can fix.
please go to repair personal with power adapter or buy same type one or by alternative power adapter but output must be same as the original and 220v as in .i think buying new one is a good idea.

regards,
nuwan.

Jan 09, 2014 | Panasonic KX-TG9341T Cordless Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Nintendo Entertainment System Logo

Related Topics:

78 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nintendo Video Game Consoles & Games Experts

Bee Santiago

Level 2 Expert

268 Answers

Raj Patel

Level 3 Expert

915 Answers

Martin Murray

Level 3 Expert

1623 Answers

Are you a Nintendo Video Game Console and Game Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...