As of a few days ago, I had around 150 images (around 600K each) on the camera. I uploaded and deleted them and started over today. After 20 images (around 600K each), it told me it was 'out of memory.' I uploaded and deleted them. Now it still says it's 'out of memory' but it also tells me there are no images on the card. How can it be out of memory with no images stored on the camera.
I'd be most appreciative if anyone can help!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have two questions here. Out of memory could mean that your memory card is full and you cannot take any additional pictures until you either replace the card with a new one, or delete or reformat the card you have in it. It could also mean that your card is "locked". Check for the little toggle switch on the side of the card to be sure it is in the "unlocked" position. Or it could mean that you do NOT have a memory card in the camera at all and you're using the very small internal memory your camera comes with (it usually will only hold about 4-5 images. If this is the case, put an external memory card in the camera.
The second part of the question deals with uploading to your computer. There are a whole host of reasons that can cause this. Here are a few.
1. Your software is configured incorrectly. It might be set for only a certain type of image (jpg, RAW, TIFF). It might be set to accept duplicate images and your images are already uploaded (somewhere on the machine).
2. It might be that your cord or connection is defective.
3. It might be that the computer is trying to find the external memory card and you don't have one.
4. You software might be looking for videos instead of images. Check your software configuration to be sure its set for image upload.
5. Be sure your battery is fresh. Some cameras will not upload with a weak battery.
6. The camera or software could be defective.
Format the memory card. Make sure your format the card each time you finish uploading your pictures to your computer, instead of simply deleting pictures. If you can't format the card, try another card.
Suggestion is to format the memory card and permanently delete all of the images from it. The card should then be able to be reused and you can start taking images again. To format the card go to Menu - setup and press ok - go to format and press ok - go to yes and press Ok. This will clear the card and you are back in business.
I had the same problem. My problem was that there were more than 1,000 images stored on the memory card. Once I deleted some of the images from the camera memory card, I was able to download pictures again.
do you have a mac?
when you delete anything off a flash disk from a mac, it puts them in a hidden folder (the mac recycle bin)
either connect your camera to a mac and empty the pictures from the recycle bin or use the view option to view hidden files and folders. you should see everything there.
if this camera has never been connected to a mac, i don't know.
try formatting the card. there are many guides on the net, much better than i could type. let me know if it works!
b.dale.flat "at" gmail.com