Hi...recently my printers display has been tellling me to remove and check the cartridge on the right(black).
Its the original cartridge that came with the printer and still contains ink. its worked tidy before but im now having trouble.
ive checked the cartridge and it seems to be ok. can you help me please, as i cannot print out anything, and i dont want to purchase another cartridge while this one still has ink. thanks. matt
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You will need to do an ink reset because from what you have explained the machine has only recognised one of the coloured inks and the black.
1. Switch on the machine and set it up for removal of all the ink cartridges . Then fully remove each of them (including the black) and then replace them back in the correct slots. Make sure they are fully home when you fit them. The machine now thinks you have removed used cartridges and replaced them with new ones.
2. Then close the printer and follow the instructions on the display window on the printer to indicate to the machine that you have replaced each ink tank with a new one.. It will ask in order if you have replaced each of the ink tanks from black onwards and the answer has to be yes. Make sure you hit the correct buttons when responding because if you do not the printer will not recognise the presence of that particular ink cartridge (and will not use it) which I believe is part of the problem you have now.. Check your user manual to make sure you are pressing the all the correct keys for your model machine.
Check to make sure that the contacts on the printhead carriage is clean.. Remove both cartridges. Unplug printer.Wait at least 3 minutes. Plug printer back in. Printer will turn on. Reinstall cartridges.
I believe the DX series and the SX use the same system
# Determine which ink cartridges are not recognised. # With the ink cartridge holder in the ink cartridge replacement position, lift up the ink cartridge holder lid and take the cartridge or cartridges out. # Check that the cartridge is a genuine Epson ink cartridge - look for the EPSON branding and T0xxx codes on the cartridge labels. # Check that the cartridges are correct for your Epson product. # Wipe the green Intellidge Chip on the cartridge that is not recognised. # Check the chip contacts within the ink cartridge holder for any debris or dried ink and wipe with a lint-free cloth if necessary. # Check that the plastic at the bottom of the cartridge has been pierced. # Check that the cartridges are in the correct slots. # Reinstall the cartridges into the ink cartridge holder in the correct order. # Push the ink cartridge down firmly. It should click into place. # Repeat this for any ink cartridges that were removed. # Push the ink cartridge holder lid down. It should clip into place and be secure. # Press the Stop button, this will return the ink cartridge holder to the right hand side of the unit. # If the error light flashes after the print head returns to the home position, the ink cartridge may not be installed properly. # If the red light is no longer displayed, but Status Monitor still reports a Non-Genuine Ink warning. # If the red light is still on the printer, and Status Monitor indicates that an ink cartridge is not recognised, follow the steps below. # If the problem remains, there may be a fault with the ink cartridge.
Hi there Your error message is coming from the Dell Series 5 ink Cartridge. To reset the error message, unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer. Wait 60 seconds and then plug everything back in. This usually resets any error messages on the printer. Make sure the Dell Series 5 ink cartridges are intalled correctly by removing them and re-seating them . Black in left or black side, color in right side or color side If using a photo cartridge... Photo cartridge in the black side(left) and color in the color side(right) Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset It is also possible to get a new ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it to the place of purchase for a refund or a replacement one. Please all I ask is call back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one, so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Usually there is more than one cartridge empty when you receive this kind of problem. Try opening the top cover and check if the display changes - it should change to specify one (or more) of the color cartridges as empty. That one(s) should be changed too.
It mean that the black cartridge is not recognised. It the black cart is original or compatible? Some printer won't recognise cartridge, if the black and colour is not same type. Try to install the black only. Is it recognised?
Hi, sounds like a faulty ink cartridge, we get this now and again with selling compatible ink cartridges i suggest taking it back to the shop for a replacement wont be the printer as long as its fitted correctly with label removed..