Question about Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE ** (D8400SATA300W24PINB) Power Supply
My Dell Dimension 8400 stopped powering up last year and was giving a blinking amber light. It stayed like this for about a month and then powered up one day!! It was fine all last year except for once when it did the same thing then powered up after one day. Last week, it did the same thing and is not powering up!! What is up? The problem seems so random.
p.s. I bought it from the states but I am using it overseas where the power is 240 not 110. Also, its power supply was damaged before due to a misconnection and was replaced by the original Dell Dimension 8400 power supply from Dell.
Any idea what is going on? Is this a common problem with the power supply of this model?
There are several different solutions for this as posted at this Forum.
1) A lot of people have just removed the Jumper for the CMOS and turned the Power back on and back off and replaced the jumper and/or removed the battery.
2) Several people have reseated the Memory and after booting back up it worked.
3) A few had to replace the Mother Board and CPU but in this instance they had to also replace the Case because the Dell case wasn't really fit for the heat of from the CPU.
4) I had the exact same problem and luckily replacing the Power Supply fixed this for me. I had to cut out the back of the Dell case for the toggle on/off switch but when I tested the old Power Supply it was only getting 5amps and this was causing the Amber/Orange/Yellow light to constantly flash.
I hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
1. Remove all USB devices such as printers, mp3 players etc etc.
2. Remove the power-cable and the battery
3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
4. Put the power-cable back in but not the battery and none the USB devices.
5. Turn the computer on
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Dell Dimension 8400 power supply
It not a common problem. The problem that you are facing is is beacuse of faulty motherboard. The blinking amber is caused , becasue the motherboard is not able to distribute the power signal to the devices . You can follow the link below to trouleshoot the problem if you are comfortable in opening the computer chassis
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2012 | Dell Dimension 8400 PC Desktop
Feb 26, 2011 | Dell Dimension 8400 PC Desktop
Feb 05, 2011 | Dell Dimension 8400 PC Desktop
Apr 17, 2010 | Dell Dimension 8400 PC Desktop
Feb 23, 2009 | Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE...
Jan 20, 2009 | Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE...
Dec 25, 2008 | Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE...
Nov 27, 2008 | Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE...
Jul 15, 2008 | Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE...
Jan 13, 2008 | Dell Dimension 8400 PC Desktop
Jul 01, 2017 | Dell Dimension 8400 power supply ** FREE...
793 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: