Question about KitchenAid KCMS135 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave KCMS 135H, makes loud sound followed by blown fuse.

Replaced the ceramic fuse (20A), closed the cover, plugged in to power, started with 1 minute quick - Loud sound from microwave for a second - No display, blown fuse - Repeated for another fuse same results What should I be looking for?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • KitchenAid Master
  • 1,922 Answers

Either the high voltage diode,capacitor,or the magnetron tube is dead shorted,remove the leads off the magnetron tube,but check the diode and capacitor with an ohmmeter to check these for a shorted condition before trying a new fuse,if it builds high voltage then its the mag tube

Posted on Jan 07, 2013

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 112 Answers

SOURCE: Kitchenaid builtin microwave buzzing

I would recommend changing the diodes as well. This will usually take care of the problem.

Posted on Oct 25, 2008

  • 112 Answers

SOURCE: loud humming noise

If all of your door switches check out, replace the magnatron, capacitor, and diodes.

Posted on Oct 27, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: Kitchenaid KHMS155LSS 1000 watt microwave makes grinding noise

Chances are you have a bad stirrer motor or the stirrer blade is jamming or loose on the motor shaft.

Your owner's manual should tell you how to remove the stirrer cover to check it.

If for some reason you don't have your owner's manual, you can download it free here, as well as the parts manual for your model.

You can also find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Jan 01, 2009

Karthik316
  • 187 Answers

SOURCE: kitchenaid microwave makes a loud noise and does

Hi,
try these

  1. Check timer and clock settings
  2. Reseat the element
  3. Test the element
  4. Test the element connectors
  5. Test the oven temperature control
  6. Test the oven selector control
pls rate my suggestion..

Posted on Jul 20, 2009

  • 574 Answers

SOURCE: Kitchenaid KCMS185JSS-3 microwave - no power

Well your gonna have to take it down a take apart the microwave more than likely. Probably have a shorted HV diode,magnetron, shorted winding in HV transformer.burnt or frayed HV wire insulation

Posted on Sep 03, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

GE microwave oven model#JVM1441BH04 when you close door on switch activates and oven comes on. Only goes off when door is opened.


HELLO.

the problem your are experiencing with your microwave oven is a failed interlock switch.
Be careful when closing your microwave door. Slamming the door too hard is one of the main reasons that the interlock switch is damaged.

Slamming the microwave door shut can easily blow the microwave fuse, but they can also blow due to problems with the interlock switches.
A microwave oven will not function until the fuse is replaced.

Instruction on how to replace fuse on microwave.

1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.

2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.

3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.

4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.

5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.

6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.

thanks.

Sep 22, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My old GE Spacemaker II microwave (JEM21K001) died. I was using it, heard a little pop, and it lost all power. Is this something simple to fix like replacing a fuse or is it bulk trash at this point?


HELLO.

take on these steps to solve the problem.

Check if there is electric power on wall outlet.

If the microwave plug has fuse,check if it has not burnt.if these are okay there is need to take the last step.

things needed
1.Screwdriver
2.Ohmmeter
3.New fuse

1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.

2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.

3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.

4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.
5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.

6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.

Thanks.

Sep 18, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

E-Wave over the range microwave has blown main fuse


My Ewave has stopped heating eventho it appears to be running. Is is possible the power has been reduced or does the microwave need to be replaces

Nov 16, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Popcorn Castastrophy !!!


You would have to remove the top cover and check to see if the main fuse is blown. Usually a 20 amp slo-blow. There are thermal cut out devices, they will reset when the unit cools, so plug it in the next day and see if the clock and power is back up. good luck, Dale

Aug 06, 2009 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

He's Dead, Jim! Died when door opened, but Usual Suspects clear?


We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

May 13, 2009 | GE JE2160 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

No power from Whirlpool.


IF YOU HAVE THE MICRWAVE PLUGGED IN AND THE CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPS IMMEDIATELY WHEN SET,
CHECK THE DOOR HOOKS THAT TRIP THE DOOR SWITCHES. BOTH SHOULD BE SPRING LOADED. THERE SHOULD BE TWO HOOKS ON THE DOOR. IF O.K., CHECK THE DOOR SWITCHES. THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE. IF ONE OF THEM IS SHORTED CLOSED,
THE MONITOR SWITCH WILL CAUSE A DEAD SHORT ACROSS THE FUSE. THE FUSE MAY BE HOLDING BETTER THAN YOUR CIRCUIT BREAKER.

Mar 21, 2008 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Whirlpool Miccrowave (GH7145XFQ-1) went dead...


Does the display light up?
Are you sure it is getting power?
Check that and get back to us cause the next step is going inside

Jan 01, 2008 | Whirlpool GH7145XF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Loud pop


You probably have a blown fuse (15A or 20A ceramic type) which may be caused by a blown part in the high voltage section. These are widely available at local stores. You can find exploded views and parts by entering your full model number here: http://www.geappliances.com/shop/prts/ If the new fuse blows immediately when you hit the START button, you also have a shorted high voltage capacitor. Need more help? http://www.fixya.com/ServiceRvw.aspx?advid=14&ctgid=153

Dec 15, 2006 | Kenmore 63652 Microwave Oven

3 Answers

No power


The door switches are designed to prevent the unit from running while the door is open. You probably have a blown fuse, and it's a white or dark grey ceramic fuse of 15A or 20A, available from local big box stores or appliance parts stores. The fuse is usually located on the floor of the chassis behind the control panel, or mounted in the same area as the door switches. Also, I'm really curious how the door switch got stuck while cleaning? That sounds scary...

Nov 13, 2006 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

243 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KitchenAid Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Stu Ungar

Level 2 Expert

52 Answers

Darial Jr Lasaria
Darial Jr Lasaria

Level 3 Expert

378 Answers

Are you a KitchenAid Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...