Question about Brother MFC 9840CDW Color Laser Printer/Copier/Fax/Scanner
I have all the parts in, however I'm having trouble finding where the Separation Pad & Specifically the spring for the Separation Pad. Basically I have an extra spring. It's approx 1" long (12.5mm) with a spring width of 1/4" .6mm) . Slightly longer than the size of the your basic yellow #2 pencil. I believe that it goes in Roller Assembly somewhere, I'm just not exactly sure where, Thanks! ym
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a Brother HL-5250DN
Paper feeding kit for MP tray
(1) Disconnect the AC cord from the Printer.
(2) Press the front cover release button.
(3) Open the Front cover.
(4) Remove the Drum/toner ASSY.
Open the MP feed frame cover. (6) Remove the Holder bearing MP. Lift up the Lift arm MP to release it from the Pin of the MP roller holder ASSY. (8) Slide the MP roller holder ASSY to the direction of the arrow 8a and put it up to remove. Fig. 3-77 (9) Turn the back side of the Separation pad ASSY MP to the direction of the arrow 9a and put it up to remove. Fig. 3-78 Separation pad ASSY MP MP roller holder ASSY Pin MP feed frame Lift arm MP 7 8a 8b MP feed frame MP frame 9b 9a
(1) Put the Hook of the Separation pad ASSY MP into the MP feed frame and pull down the Separation pad ASSY MP to the direction of the arrow 1b until it is locked. Fig. 3-79 (2) Lift up the Lift arm MP and put the MP roller holder ASSY into the MP feed frame. Put the Pin of the MP roller holder ASSY into the hole of the Lift arm MP. Fig. 3-80 Separation pad ASSY MP MP roller holder ASSY Pin MP feed frame MP frame MP feed frame Lift arm MP
(3) Put the Holder bearing MP into the MP feed frame and turn the Holder bearing MP to the direction of the arrow 3c to lock. (4) Close the MP feed frame cover. Holder bearing MP Hook MP feed frame cover Front cover MP feed frame 3a 3b 3c MP feed frame(5) Install the Drum/toner ASSY into the Printer. (6) Close the Front cover. (7) Connect the AC cord into the Printer. Printer AC cord Drum /toner ASSY Front cover .
Posted on Mar 18, 2011
SOURCE: Brother MFC 8460n paper pickup
Please follow these steps to assure you have made sure there is no jam.
1. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
2. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
3. Open the back cover.
4. Pull the tabs at the left and right hand sides toward you to open the fuser cover (1).
5. Using both hands, gently pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
6. Close the back cover.
7. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
8. Close the front cover.
9. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
10. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
11. Hold down the lock lever on the right and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. Take out the jammed paper if there is any inside the drum unit.
12. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
13. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
14. Close the front cover. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine. Use both hands to slowly pull out the jammed paper.
15. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
16. Slowly take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. The jammed paper may be pulled out with the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly, or this may release the paper so you can pull it out of the paper tray opening.
17. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
18. Close the front cover.
20. Put the paper tray firmly back in the machine.
21. Take out any paper from the ADF (automatic document feeder) that is not jammed. Open the ADF cover. Carefully pull out the jammed document to the left. Check for and remove any small pieces of paper stuck in the machine. A small piece of paper stuck in ADF will cause a document jam.
22. Close the ADF cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed under the document cover. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Lift the document cover. Pull out any jammed documents to the right. Again, carefully check for and remove any small pieces of paper.
23. Close the document cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed at the output tray. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
24. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed in the duplex slot (only for machines which support Duplex printing). Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
25. Press Stop/Exit. Make a Copy to test. Before placing your document(s) in the ADF verify the error message "Document Jam" in no longer displayed on the LCD. If the error message continues to appear on the LCD, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us". Verify the ADF document support (located on the top of the ADF) is pulled out. Verify the document(s) are between 5.8 to 8.5 in. wide and 5.8 to 14in. long. Make sure the documents are inserted face up in the ADF, top edge first. The ADF can hold up to 50 pages and feeds each sheet individually. Use standard 20 lb (80 g/m²) paper and always fan the pages before putting them in the ADF.
DO NOT use paper that is curled, wrinkled, folded, ripped, stapled, paper-clipped, pasted or taped. DO NOT use cardboard, newspaper or fabric. Make sure documents written with ink are completely dry. Adjust the paper guides to fit the width of your documents. This ensures the document(s) will feed straight, preventing jams. Make a copy listed below:
For MFC users :
For DCP users :
Press Copy located below the LCD and then press Start.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2014 | Brother MFC-8460N Laser Printer
Feb 13, 2012 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Intek V...
Aug 22, 2011 | Brother DCP-7020 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 10, 2011 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
May 14, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4345mfp Printer
Aug 11, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 30, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Jun 24, 2009 | HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 29, 2007 | HP LaserJet 1100 Printer
Jun 23, 2016 | Brother MFC 9840CDW Color Laser...
Sep 03, 2015 | Brother MFC 9840CDW Color Laser...
Jun 11, 2013 | Brother MFC 9840CDW Color Laser...
Jul 07, 2017 | Brother MFC 9840CDW Color Laser...
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: