Question about Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

How can I clean the black smoke residue from inside microwave

A potatoe caught fire in the Kenmore microwave that I got in November. I got rid of the smell in the micro and the smoke in the house but when I took out the turntable to clean out the black from the fire from the micro, I could wash the back and one side and some of the rest of the inside but the black discoloration is still on the one side and top of the micro. It is working okay but I really want to get rid of that discoloration. I tried 409, glass cleaner and soap and water. Please help.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

Use a scouring pad.

Posted on Mar 14, 2009

  • christina374 Mar 14, 2009

    spray on Mr muscle kichen spray and leave on for a few minutes, then rub with kichen scouring pad.

  • christina374 Mar 14, 2009

    I'm sorry my first reply seemed a bit abrupt - I really am an apprentice and I an very new to all this helpful stuff!! I do hope this helps but at the very least it will be less abrupt - apologies! -

    Try spraying on Mr Muscle Kitchen Spray. Leave on for just a minute or so then rub gently with non abrasive kitchen pad. I do hope you have some really good success.

    Regards

    Christina374


×

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

While baking a sweet potato, the potato exploded and caught on fire. The microwave no longer works.a fire bro


I haven't heard of such a thing. You must have cooked it until there was no moisture left in the potato. That would also account for the failure of the oven. It would be the same as no load in the oven.
A thermal protect part is your current problem.

Apr 02, 2014 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

We have a new 24"Dacor


The service manual is here and the parts list is here.
That mesh is the door screen which prevents microwave leakage.
It must be intact or replaced, or a fire hazard exists.
You can order Dacor parts by part number from the Pros here.

Feb 26, 2011 | Dacor DMT2420 1200 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Put a potato in microwave it caught on fire dish broke no power to the microwave...did I kill it for good or is there a reset button on it...the microwave in build into my cabinets back of microwave is...


When cooking a potato in the microwave Without puncturing it with a fork... it definitively EXPLODS braking the CAROUSSEL PLATEAU and probably damaging some delicate electronics inside, (you have to pearce the potato with a fork to let steem out when cooking) if you are lucky it could be just a blown fuse inside, have it checked by a proffessional (there is normally no reset for a microwave oven exception maiby for the control panel)

Good luck!

Jan 14, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

SET TIMER FOR 20 MINUTES FOR BAKED POTATOE.. CAME BACK AND FOUND POTATOES CHARCOALED. SMOKE AND SINGED INSIDE. MICROWAVE WILL NOT COME ON. CHECKED CIRCUIT BREAKER. POWER TO UNIT.


That was a very long duration to have set for potatoes. It would have made the magnetron burnt by exeeding the limit and findinf there was no conductive medium by moisture , it has ended up burning the magnetron.
First of all clean up the inside and clean up the point of the magnetron beam.Now confirm on the inside to be totally dry.
Disconnect power and check inside for break of fuse to the magnetron.If the microwave does not heat on testing with a cup of water , then it is possible that the magnetron is cooked.
Confirm the cost for the unit to decide on replacement.
Hope this helps.

Aug 21, 2010 | LG LMV1630 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sweet potatoe caught fire in my microwve


the magnatron super heated the paper combined with what we in the industry call super combust your micro should be ok to use just keep it clean and if you use toweling wraP it around rather than cover

Apr 21, 2010 | Amana ACO1860 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Stove fire smoke on microwave above stove.what will clean off this smoke residue? we encountered a stove which left a heavy smoke residue on the microwave above. the microwave has a plastic handle and...


Mr. Muscle Kitchen cleaner will remove the smoke. It won't hurt the plastic. Just make sure to either wear rubber gloves or wash your hands soon after cleaning off the smoke residue. It will make the skin on your hands / fingers slick and then dry after your done. Let the cleaner sit for about a minute before trying to wipe off the smoke residue.

Mar 16, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Potato caught fire during cooking. Microwave has


Hello, inside most microwaves, there is a thermal fuse, that if something in the cooking cavity is on fire, it will melt the thermal fuse, if it gets hot enough, thus breaking the power to the unit shutting it off. This sounds like what has happened to yours, simply replacing it will correct the problem. It is usually located near a cavity exhaust point. If you aren't comfortable doing this, as it requires removing the outer cover, while unplugged, and locating/replacing it, take it to a appliance service co. This will of course cost more, if you do it yourself, make sure you provide all of your make/model/serial/anything else, that will identify your unit, and call/go online to a parts retailer, and you should be able to get it done fairly cheap.

Hope this helps, and thank you.

Mar 01, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I would like to know how to clean the inside of my microwave,the wrong cup was put in,and it caught on fire ,and I can't get smoke stain out. Thank you,Molly Dickerson


The smoke stain is almost impossible to remove as smoke tends to get in the pigment of the paint.

If there's a burn smell, you can try simmering a lemon juice and water mixture for several minutes in the microwave. You can also set a plate of charcoal briquettes inside and leave the door closed overnight (DON'T turn the microwave on - just let it sit). Keep the charcoal inside when not using the microwave and it will absorb a lot of the odor.

Jul 17, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

FIRE


Manufacturers will note that they warn in their owner manuals to never leave a microwave running unattended, so they won't help you any further, I'm sure.

Mmost modern microwaves have a flame sensor inside that will shut the microwave down completely in case flames get too high.

Then the cooling fan and power will shut off, and the fire will almost certainly be smothered pretty quickly due to a lack of air inside the oven.

Also, the inside is metal, thus the only fuel for the fire would have been the potato, which would not have lasted long.

So as scary and disturbing as this event was, I would say the real danger of a fire outside of the oven was miniscule.

The fire probably occured due to a dry or irregular spot in the skin of the potato. Once it's dry, it will of course burn much easier.

So now to the smell...

You should do a Google search on "odor microwave" or "microwave smell" where you can find tips on boiling water & baking soda, then vinegar and water in the microwave to neutralize the smell.

If your microwave does not work, then it may have blown the flame sensor (thermal fuse) and that would have to be replaced.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Nov 15, 2007 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven Logo

810 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...