I can't set the time, the alarm time, or do anything of that sort
I push the clock set button, and nothing happens. I push the alarm set button, and it shows 7:00 pm, but then I can't change the time for it to go off, either. So it seems, the only buttons that work that work on my insignia clock radio model ns-c2000 are the power, skips, and play/pause, and then the volume slide. That's it. I need to be able to set an alarm, much less the accurate time!! and it's not happening.
Re: I can't set the time, the alarm time, or do anything...
AHAH! I had this problem also, so i tried google and it led me here. Luckily, I kept trying and figured it out so I will share my knowledge with you although you may have found it out already...
First, make sure the radio and ipod are off and it's in clock display mode.
Then, click and hold "alm set" while clicking the left "timer set" arrow to set the hour of your alarm and the right "timer set" arrow to set minutes for your alarm.
Then click "alm on/off" to turn it on and off.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Move the switch on the top back to either the clock symbol to set time or alarm 1 or 2 depending on which one you wish to set. On either side of the snooze button is a fwd and rev button. Push fwd to advance the time or rev to go back. If setting the alarm it will automatically turn the alarm on when you set it. To turn alarm on or off manually, push the button for the alarm you choose on the top rear right side.
I bought one of these for $3.00. I found it in the clearance sale aisle at my local Wal-Mart. The instructions refer to it as being an "Automobile Clock."
In the instructions, "M" refers to the "Mode" button, "S" refers to the "Set" button, and "D" refers to the "Date" button. These are the instructions that came my KATEC #38 travel alarm clock:
1. In normal mode, there will show hour, minute, second and week. Push "D" to show date and push "S" to show alarm-time.
2. Adjust alarm-time: Push "M" two times to enter into alarm mode. Push "S" to choose hour and minute. Push "D" to adjust the right time. Finally, push "M" to return.
3. Adjust real time: Push "M" three times to enter into adjust time mode. Push "S" to choose second, minute, hour, day, week, and month in order. Push "D" to adjust correspondence number for right volume. Finally, push "M" to return to norm-al mode.
4. Sport Function: Push "M" for one time into sport watch function mode. The beginning state is show as 0:00:00. Push "D" to enter into recording time. Push "D" again to stop. Push "S" to return to the beginning mode 0:00:00.
5. Adjust ON/OFF alarm mode. In normal state, push "S" and "D". You can choose alarm on or off. When alarm operates, the alarm symbol will be displayed on.
Brookstone Clock Radio Model CKS5369
Time is set using the RH button on the Month/Date, Time, and Year buttons. If you are only setting time, press the Time button and hold it down while pressing the Tuning/Set buttons for a lower or higher time. If you hold the Tuning/Set button it will shift to a fast change or press and release for one number change. Be sure to note the AM or PM light to the left of the time display.
The radio may not be able to get a strong enough or clear enough signal to process (night is best away from TV, computers and radios). To regain "control" of the clock, take the battery out, wait 30 seconds and then reinstall it. This will reset the clock. You can then manually set the clock.
Press SET for a few seconds until the hour starts flashing in the display. Then press the ADJUST button to set the hour. Press SET to move to the different functions (Hour -> Minutes -> Seconds-> Month -> Date -> Year) each time using the ADJUST button to correct the setting. Finally press MODE to exit the setting mode.
If the time zone is incorrect for your area (default is PST), press MODE to enter the Alarm Time Mode; then press SET to flip through the time zones; then press MODE again to exit.
The little "reset" is for use if the LCD display doesn't come on when the battery is changed. It doesn't affect any of the clock settings per se.
This clock has 2 alarms to set Alarm 1, switch alarm 1 to the "set" position and make sure alarm 2 is pushed to the "off" "radio" or "cathedral" position, press and hold the "alarm" button on top while pressing the "f.fwd" or "rev" button to set the alarm....to set Alarm 2, do the opposite of the set buttons and repeat...to set the time just hold the time button down while pressing "f.fwd" or "rev"...hope that wasn't too confusing.