Question about Samsung LA40A550 40 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
TV was purchased 28 months back and previously a year back had issue related to volume when i used to switch on within a minute volume automatically comes to 0 but it was sorted on its own after continous use as TV was not used for more than 35 days last time and this time also after 35 days vaccation i am having new issue of source not changing or can say no control.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You are likely to have a module bad....part number BN94-00864A and if you take it out (unpluggs) you should inspect it for capacitors that may be domed or pooched up at the top. If so they should be replaced first before getting the module as the capacitors are about $1.00 each. Do a search for Samsung parts online if you need the module and call them toll free
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
First of all, check that the TV is set on PC input when you use PC video input at the back.
Then you may also need to go to video and display properties>>settings, from control panel (personalize on Vista).
There lower down resolution and ensure that frequency is set the same as tv.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Press tv on the Sky remote
press and hold select and red until the led blinks twice
type in 0 0 6 0
press the power button, if the tv turns off then the press select and the remote should work all the tv functions.
If the tv does not turn off then press tv then the power button and keep doing this until the tv turns off, once it turns off press select and it should work.
If you have any problems let me know
Posted on Apr 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2014 | Samsung Televison & Video
on Feb 10, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 520 LCD Remote Control
on Feb 10, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
Feb 24, 2012 | Samsung TV Remote Control
Aug 13, 2010 | Samsung LE40R74BDX 40 in. LCD Television
Aug 22, 2009 | Samsung LNR238W 23 in. LCD Television
Aug 21, 2009 | Samsung LE40B650T2 40 in. Full HD Crystal...
Jul 04, 2009 | Samsung LN40B530 40 in. LCD HDTV
May 12, 2008 | Samsung LN-T4061F 40 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 29, 2008 | Samsung LE26R73BDX 26 in. HD-Ready LCD...
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: