Question about Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Hi How do I unlock region
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 7 6 8 8 4 on the number pad.
10. The region code "4" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free. (Enter a region code if you want to lock the player to another region for some obscure or perverse reason.)
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
Now the tricky bits. This process is timing dependent.
Firstly, you must start entering the code just after the "No Disk" message is shown and before the message disappears. If you jump the gun or miss the boat (isn't English great!) it won't work.
Secondly, the REPEAT key is part of the code. All six keys must be entered smoothly as "REPEAT 7 6 8 8 4". The entry gets timed out so you can't stop in the middle and restart. Don't bash away like crazy, just do it smoothly and briskly.
If you don't see the "4" the first time, don't worry. Just repeat the process. It took me about a dozen tries before I got it to work.
I can't guarantee that this player does not have a region change counter so I would be a bit careful about changing regions back and forth. I also can't guarantee that this will work with all released firmware. Samsung seems to take this crazy region bastardry very seriously for some reason.
For people from other parts of the world, all region codes are as follows
1 - 2 9 3 3 4
2 - 5 7 5 3 8
3 - 5 6 7 3 2
4 - 7 6 8 8 4
5 - 5 3 8 1 4
6 - 2 4 4 6 2
Posted on Nov 22, 2010
You may want to try the methods described here or here.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information. Good luck and kind regards. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Nov 14, 2008
SOURCE: region codes
While looking through some forum posts i found the way to fix the problem. It takes a bit of fiddling around but it does work... I tried it out last night.
Firstly you need to put a DVD of a different region into your player and wait for it to start to read the DVD before you commence the procedure... it takes a bit to get the timing right.
when the DVD can't be read it, on screen Eject Disc will come up
Press Repeat & Hold 3 Seconds (it may work using either repeat button on the bottom, i tried both.
After entering those 5 digits, you should see a number in the top left corner of the screen corresponding to the current region (4 being Australia region)
Press 9 for "auto-region" mode ie. Region Free
Turn Off Machine
and there you have it. The timing is crucial so start trying as soon as the DVD is in. It took me 5 goes before it worked.
You will notice that it may take a bit longer for the other Region DVDs to be read then normal but it's only a few seconds longer.
Posted on Dec 02, 2008
Haven't tried it, but found this online somewhere....
1. Open tray and remove any disks in tray.
2. Close tray.
3. Switch Off Player and Unplug from mains wait 30 seconds (this clears RAM)
4. Reconnect to mains
5. Turn on player with remote.
6. Press ENTER on remote.
5. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9.
7. Press ENTER on remote. (The tray will open)
8. Switch off power from remote, then switch back on.
9. Player is now Region Free.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 10, 2013 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 28, 2013 | Samsung BD-UP5000 Blu-ray and HD-DVD...
Nov 17, 2009 | Televison & Video
Nov 07, 2009 | Samsung DVD-V85K DVD Player / VCR Combo
Oct 07, 2009 | Samsung DVD-R155
Jan 20, 2008 | Televison & Video
1,809 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!