Question about Aurora Electronics Office Equipment & Supplies
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If I am unsuccessful in locating the replacement gear for my AS1200X, I will joyfully sell you my unit-for parts.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
Did you open up the shredder or remove it from the basket? Look and see if the switch is in the right place and is not being blocked.
If you didn't mess with the switch and just cleared the jam, then take it back to where you bought it for a replacement
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Try running the shredder in reverse and oiling the blades. More help with paper shredder oil here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Paper-Shredder-Oil
If you can't get the paper shredder up and running, it looks like you might have to pick up a new paper shredder. Paper shredders can be pretty cheap though, great guide to cheap paper shredders here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Paper-Shredders
Posted on May 30, 2010
There are 5 screws that you need to remove, 1 of them is hidden beneath a white sticker that says void warranty if removed.
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
I was having the same problem with my shredder. I called
customer service; I was informed it was the gears on the inside of my shredder.
My shredder is no longer under warranty. However, she is mailing me out the
part I need for a small fee. Their customer service number is 1-800-327-8508 in
the USA and international only 1-310-793-5650. I do hope this help you!
May 27, 2011 | Aurora Electronics AS1015CD Cross-Cut...
Their customer service number is 1-800-327-8508 in
the USA and international only 1-310-793-5650.
They also have trouble shooting on their web site that might help. Hope this help you!
Apr 28, 2011 | Aurora Electronics AS-650C Cross-cut...
Apr 08, 2011 | Aurora Electronics AS1015CD Cross-Cut...
Feb 12, 2011 | Aurora Electronics Office Equipment &...
Sep 07, 2010 | Aurora Electronics AURORA - Aurora paper...
May 20, 2010 | Aurora Electronics AS882C (Cross-Cut)...
Aug 28, 2009 | Aurora Electronics AURORA - Aurora paper...
253 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: