Question about Linksys Computers & Internet
Modem # wcg200 how can i get around the router to be able to host games as i did before the router
Some routers have a kind of built in firewall. You need to let the router/modem that it is okay for it to let this information pass through it. Here are your instructions
Follow the steps in this chapter and use the Gateway’s web-based utility to configure the Gateway. This chapter
will describe each web page in the Utility and each page’s key functions. The utility can be accessed via your web
browser through use of a computer connected to the Gateway. For a basic network setup, most users only have to
use the following screens of the Utility:
• Setup. On the Setup screen, enter the settings provided by your ISP.
• Security. Click the Administration tab and then the Security tab. The Gateway’s default username and
password is admin. To secure the Gateway, change the Password from its default.
There are seven main tabs: Setup, Wireless, Security, Access Restrictions, Applications & Gaming, Administration,
and Status. Additional tabs will be available after you click one of the main tabs.
• Setup. Enter the Internet connection settings on this screen.
• Basic Wireless Settings. You can choose your wireless network settings on this screen.
• Wireless Security. This screen allows you to choose your wireless security mode.
• Wireless Network Access. This screen displays your wireless network access list.
• Advanced Wireless Settings. On this screen you can access the advanced wireless features.
• WDS. The wireless distribution system feature is accessed on this screen.
• Firewall. This screen contains filters and the Block WAN Requests feature. Filters block specific internal users
from accessing the Internet and block anonymous Internet requests.
• VPN Passthrough. To enable or disable IPSec and/or PPTP Passthrough, use this screen.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2010 | Linksys WCG200 Wireless Cable Modem 54G...
Jun 14, 2009 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Jun 12, 2009 | Linksys WCG200 Wireless Cable Modem 54G...
May 18, 2009 | Linksys WCG200 Router
Mar 18, 2009 | Linksys WCG200 Router
Jan 20, 2009 | Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router W/4 Port...
Apr 22, 2007 | HP Pavilion dv8000z Notebook
May 18, 2016 | Linksys Computers & Internet
325 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: