Question about Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband Router with SRX200 (LS-WRT54G2)
You can try to hard reset the router and update the firmware. Follow the steps below.
1. Download the latest firmware of the router from Linksys website. Save it on your computer.
2. Hard reset the router. Press the reset button at the back of the router for about 30 seconds, unplug the power for 20 seconds then plug it back in.
3. Connect your PC to port 1 of the router and access the router's setup page http://192.168.1.1 no username and admin for the password
4. Go to Administration tab > Firmware Upgrade sub tab.
5. Click Browse button and browse for the firmware file that you have downloaded from Linksys site. (.bin file extension)
After the upgrade, do a hard reset again. Repeat Step 2. Then you can reconfigure the wireless settings again.
Hope that helps.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2014 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Jun 06, 2011 | Linksys WRT120N Router
Apr 08, 2011 | D-Link (DI-784) Wireless Router
Jun 12, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Jan 18, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 09, 2009 | Zyxel (91-004-361002) Wireless Router
Dec 28, 2007 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Nov 15, 2012 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
207 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: