Question about Toshiba Satellite C655-S5125
There could be several things wrong. You could have a broken DC jack on your motherboard. To prove this, wiggle the DC jack with the adapter plugged in. If the charging light comes on when you wiggle the jack, then your jack is broken. You could also have a defective AC adapter.
Posted on Jan 06, 2013
For this sort of issue, you may try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure your Toshiba Satellite C655 charger is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Jan 07, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2016 | Watches
Feb 25, 2016 | Acer Computers & Internet
Mar 15, 2014 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 26, 2012 | Huawei Impulse 4G
May 07, 2011 | Cell Phones
Jan 05, 2011 | Quickie Wheelchairs Quickie Aspire Power...
Dec 17, 2010 | Summer Infant Slim Secure Handheld Video...
Oct 25, 2010 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
Jun 23, 2010 | GPS
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: