Actually my oven is a MIDEA brand (whatever no name brand that is) and the problem is with the mains fuse. After I repaired some contacts problem that prevented the oven to start microwaves when I close the door (the contact wasn't turned) now I have a problem with the fuse. It blew up after one day of the initial repair. I have dissasembled the oven, done a quick check and replaced the fuse. I've done some testing, all seemed to be ok, the oven worked properly, no fuse blowing out, no nothing. After some hours, next day when I tried to use the oven the fuse blew again. Once again I've dissasembled the oven, did some checks - all ok, oven working - next day the same :). The fuse blows when I open the door, in the same moment. After I change it I can power on the oven, all works, but after some 15-20hours when I open the door the fuse blows out instantly.
Could anyone help me. I have all the tools and can change components or other stuff, but my field of expertise is laptop and desktop repairs not ovens.
The door latch switches, and monitor switch assembly needs adjusting. With the door open the two latch switches should be normally open,and the monitor switch closed. Opposite way when door is closed. MAKE sure oven is unplugged before testing
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The magnetron is shorted, the keypad control board is bad, blowing fuses. If less than 7 years old it has a inverter board that can be trouble, But with the level of work and parts it will easily exceed the cost of a new microwave oven.
The machine is made to work with 120 volts and you have plugged this on a 220 volt mains circuit thereby blowing up the fuse, or the power circuit, possible heater and the main controller unit board.
A step down transformer was needed to work this unit safely . Now unless the unit is opened the damage cannot be confirmed but if you are lucky the fuse would ahve blown and saved the rest. if so test it with a new fuse using a 220 to 120 volt convertor.( transformer with good rating)
Some of the simplest microwave oven problems that cause microwaves to stop working are easily fixable,
Bad interlock switches or a misaligned door can cause the oven's fuses to blow or just cause it to not start when you push the Start button. This problem can be easily resolved by locating and replacing the defective switches or by realigning the door, depending on the problem.
One old-school problem of sorts is a blown fuse due to a power surge or just plain old age if the oven's been in your use for several years. The answer is simple in this case, just replace the fuse and your oven should spark into life good as new. On a related note, there have been some rare cases when the main fuse may actually be the causing some strange symptoms, in this case as well replacing the faulty fuse is the answer.
In some cases you might have a buggy oven, and we're not talking about electric bugs, we're talking about real bugs making a nest in yourmicrowave oven, it's been known to happen because the circuit board is a nice warm and safe place for bugs.
But what should you do when you're faced with a faulty microwave, should you repair it or replace it?If you have an old unit,Considering the fact that they're relatively cheap by most standards, replacing amicrowave oven will usually prove to be the better way of going about rather than repairing it because the repair bill will usually be close if not over the price of a new unit.
To allow us to help you effectively (at no charge), please post a NEW problem to FixYa, and please
include your brand name and the full model number from the tag in or on
the unit, and your exact symptoms.
It appears like the high voltage capacitor is shorted or the diode connected to the capacitor. You might want to check the monitoring switch as well if the capacitor and diode are good. Click here for more info on how to work around these high voltage devices.
Let me know if you need further assistance.