Question about Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver
Restore the receivers to factory settings by pressing and holding the dvr/vcr button then press the stand by button. this would erase all assignments made so you would need to redo the assignments of your sources to the receiver, then activate zone 2 by going in to the hardware setup(7.2)
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
SOURCE: Zone 2
The above suggestion may be the cause of the problem. Zone 2 can only play analog, so if you have HDMI connection you cannot output to zone 2.
I resolved my own problem. This is a 7 channel system. Zone 2 needs 2 channels. In my case I bi-amped both front speakers (ran two speaker cables to each). So Zone 1 was using 7 channels, 5 speakers plus 2 added cables for fronts. Zone 2 could not work.
In set up 2 Speaker Settings, select first menu item then scroll to second option on this, change setting from bi-amp to Normal.
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2015 | Marantz SR5007 AV Receiver
Aug 19, 2012 | Yamaha RX-V773
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Jun 07, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver
Jul 19, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver
Jun 17, 2009 | Yamaha RX-V661 Receiver
Apr 15, 2009 | Onkyo TX-DS898 Receiver
Sep 15, 2008 | Yamaha RX-V659 Receiver
383 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!