Question about Coby TF-TV2617 26 in. LCD TV
While setting up this tv in my dad's new office, we tried to connect his VIZIO soundbar, but there is only static coming out of the soundbar. We ran a set of R/W RCA cables from the tv's output and then into the soundbar's input. Tried both inputs for the soundbar with no difference in issue. Is there a way to turn off the tv's speakers, or change were the sound is directed to?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: program code
I gave up with trying to deal with this Coby tv I had recently bought and returned it today for a Panasonic that can be easily programmed for my AT&T uverse system. However...I WAS able to learn 2 actual Coby codes that may work for others: 1091 and 1124. Believe me...I could not get either one of those codes to work for me...but good luck to someone else!!
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
SOURCE: I received a 15" Coby
Couple things; You have to "program" the set to receive the analog channels your cable system is still sends out. Doubtful it will be too many. You may have to rent a set top box from them.
Posted on Dec 29, 2010
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on May 27, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2015 | Vizio Televison & Video
Apr 02, 2014 | Coby TF-TV2617 26 in. LCD TV
Dec 15, 2013 | Coby TF-TV2617 26 in. LCD TV
Jul 15, 2011 | Coby TF-TV2617 26 in. LCD TV
Jul 24, 2009 | Coby TF-TV2617 26 in. LCD TV
Jul 11, 2009 | Coby TF-TV2617 26 in. LCD TV
Dec 21, 2008 | Coby TF-TV2608 26 in. LCD Television
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: