An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Canon MP500 error message
If you're using Canon OEM (branded) cartridges you're going to need to ID the problem chip/cartridge so I'd try and get hold of some empty originals from somewhere (CartridgeWorld or similar perhaps?) and put those in as replacements for one cartridge at a time until you ID the problem cartridge/chip
If they're non-branded then chances are you do have more than one of the same chip but the solution is much the same...
If all else fails, take the printer to a friendly retailer who sell Canons and ask them to help you ID the problem cartridge.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there For troubleshooting purposes, Perform the following:
1. Open the printer and remove all ink tanks.
2. Insert a single ink tank in the printer then close the cover.
3. Confirm whether the printer recognizes the installed tank properly. If it does, it will indicate it does not detect the other ink tanks, as they are not currently installed in the printer.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 with another ink tank.
5. If the printer at any time indicates two of the same ink tanks are installed, the cause will be the last tank installed. For example, if you inserted an ink tank earlier, and you later inserted another ink tank, and it said two of the same inks were installed, the cause of the issue is the last ink tank.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
i had the same problem and when i checked inside to see why it was not working with the cyan i saw that a sensor was the problem... it had fallen out. check it out and let me know if it is the same with yours.
I don't belive there is a reset device for the MP500 tanks. However, when you get the empty error message, just follow the instructions about pressing OK as many times as it asks for (I think it is four time). At that point, you can continue to use the cartridges. The printer will no longer keep track of the ink level. You will have to do that yourself. But, you can continue to use the printer with all colors.
I am also getting this error message. For a few days I could take out the offending cartridge and the printer would forget for one printing and then go back to telling me that two of the same cartridges were installed.
HELP! I am about to chuck it out the window, though I believe CANON should send us all new ones.