Question about Sony KV-32S45 32" TV
I have a Sony KD32FS170 and recently switched over to the digital antenna. The lowest volume setting is really loud. I have heard there is a setting in the TV setup menu where the digital tuner volume can be turned down, but I am unable to find the correct menu.
I had the same problem with the volume in digital mode and found the answer here: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1m0ln-sony-fd-trinitron-wega-tv
The actual solution is towards the bottom of the post and hard to read through, so I simplified the instructions below:
On your remote control (with tv off)
1. press Display, channel 5, Volume Up and then Power
this brings up the service mode (you will see some green text on your screen)
2. Press channel 2 to scroll through options until you see "Micro" in the upper left of your screen
(channel 2 cycles up through the options, channel 5 cycles down)
3. Press channel 1 to scroll through suboptions until you see "DIOF" appear under "Micro"
(channel 1 cycles up through the suboptions, channel 4 cycles down)
4. Press channel six until the default value (12:60) changes to 12:40
(channel 3 increases the value, channel 6 decreases the value)
5. Once the value has been changed to 12:40, press Muting and you should see red text in the upper right hand corner that says "Write"
6. Simply turn the power off and back on for the change to take effect. Your volume problems should now be fixed.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
SOURCE: digital tuner?
Good question, Mike. I wondered about my fs210 model, too, and I found the answer at a Sony tech-support site.
1. Go to: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DOCS
2. Enter your TV's model number, which, in this case, is: kv-32fs100 (and then click on Continue).
3. At the resulting page, under "Support by Type" in the left margin, click on "News & Alerts."
4. At the next page, click on: 04/02/2008: Critical: Is my Sony® television ready for the Digital TV (DTV) transition?
5. Your TV and mine are analog, but scroll down the page mentioned in #4, above, to see all of your options.
Consumers can determine whether any Sony TV is digital, just by entering the model number and following the steps listed above. ~ Kind regards, Gilda M. (replied 1/23/09)
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
Hi, If you have an outside antenna you will need a converter box as this tv has an NTSC tuner which is analog.
Posted on Feb 02, 2009
The tv is a 2k model - I have the same one, digital is now 8k so it won't work digitally anymore.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2014 | Hisense H3 Series - 32" Class 31-1/2"...
Jan 24, 2013 | Clarion NX602 Bluetooth Enabled 2-DIN...
May 24, 2011 | GE 29369GE1 Corded Phone
Dec 17, 2010 | Coby MP620 MP3 Player
Apr 25, 2010 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2000 40 in. LCD HDTV
Apr 19, 2010 | Sony NWZ-E438F Digital Media Player
Jun 02, 2009 | Sony Xplod Car Audio Amplifier XM-DS1300P5...
Nov 11, 2008 | Vtech 5.8GHz Cordless Phone with Digital...
May 29, 2006 | GPX DV7500 System
May 15, 2012 | Sony KV-32S45 32" TV
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: