Question about Canon MX882 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: unable to clear printer queue
I had a related problem. Couldn't delete a job from the queue nohow. I wound up deleting various processes (CTRL ALT DEL PROCESSES tab) and it cleared it.
Posted on Apr 02, 2008
1. First, try turning printer off and on.
2. Next, on the computer side, this is how you manually clear the printer queue.
1. Go to Start, Control Panel and Administrative Tools. Double click on Services icon.
2. Scroll down to the Print Spooler service and right click on itand select Stop. In order to do this, you need to be logged in asAdministrator. At this point, no one will be able to print anything onany of the printers that are being hosted on this server.
3. Next you need to go to the following directory: C:WINDOWSSystem32spoolPRINTERS.Delete all the files in this folder. This will clear all print queues(it’s a good idea to first make sure there are no other print jobsbeing processed on any of the other printers on the server becausedoing this step will delete those jobs also)
4. Now you can go back to the Services console and right-click and choose Start for the Print Spooler service!
You can also go to a command prompt and type net stop spooler or net start spooler to start and stop the service.
I hope this helps. If you have more questions, let me know.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Are you sure you downloaded the right drivers, and the one's needed for your OS? Please check the canon link here. I would try reinstalling them just because your system is seeing the wrong printer to begin with.
The error message in the print queue can be troubleshot by using the windows help & support print troubleshooter (available from control panel>printers & faxes> printing troubleshooter) or using the windows event viewer to see what error code is reported and tracing the cause of the error that way...
Frequently in such a case uninstalling the printer drivers and installing them again will correct the difficulty...also see this MS link.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue. If you need further assistance, please post back with a comment to this thread.
If I've managed to answer your question or solve a problem, please take just a moment to rate this post....thanks!
Posted on May 13, 2009
You can try see if this may do it.
Go to Start / Run and type in "services.msc" without quotation marks, then press Enter or click OK.
In the window that opens (Services) look for "Print Spooler" on the right
Right-click "Print Spooler" and select "Properties".
Click on the "Recovery" tab and change all 3 drop-down boxes to "Restart The Service".
Make sure the 2 text boxes underneath say "1" in them.
Click Ok until you are back at the Services window, close it and you're good to go.
Go back into the properties of the "Print Spooler" tab and be sure to click Start to restart the Print Spooler service and it will restart the service immediately.
The Print spooler depends on the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service. Is this service disabled? Go to services.msc look for RPC. Check state: Automatic
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Apr 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2015 | Canon MX882 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 14, 2014 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 07, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP610 InkJet Printer
Nov 15, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MX882 Wireless All-in-One...
May 09, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: