Question about Home

Open Question

I have Bastow (Australia) plumbing fixtures that need new ceramic cartridges.

I have Bastow victorian plumbing fixtures. Where can I locate in US replacement ceramic cartridges? Is there a US manufacturer that makes a replacement to the same spec?

Posted by on


2 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 122 Answers

SOURCE: How to replace my Dlta

these are screwed on. you might need a wrench to remove if it is hard to turn. you will need to turn counter clockwise to remove it.

when installing the new one (same model) do not over tighten! do not use a wrench, using your hands only turn clockwise until it is snug and pointing straight down. a little teflon tape is recomended.

sometimes the old "nipple" will come out with the old spout, just remove it from the old spout and re-use on the new one. use a little silicone around the spout against the wall, on the top and sides only, do not go all the way around it. this will let any moisture that gets behind it to drain out.

Posted on Aug 12, 2010


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I just replaced cartridge for American standard with danco part #188260 and it still drips.can you help me?

As this is the A-S ceramic cartridge that installs with three screws, then I suggest you either buy the original part, or just get a new faucet. The three screw type is notoriously difficult to seal properly because of the design. If you do replace it, I recommend Moen single handle. It's basic cartridge has a lifetime warranty against dripping, and is super simple to change out. Good luck!

Apr 06, 2017 | American Standard Plumbing

2 Answers

Water is lukewarm, not hot.

If the lukewarm temp is only at one place; for example kitchen , but hot in the bathroom, the problem is with the plumbing in the kitchen. If water is lukewarm throughout the house or apartment, the problem is either the hot water heater, or the mixing valve that is just down-stream of the hot water heater. (If there is a mixing valve installed; there often is not one.)

I’m happy to assist further over the phone at

Jun 30, 2015 | Delta "Victorian 5 Spray Shower Head -...

1 Answer

Replace ceramic disk cartridge

First shut off water to the faucet. Most faucets have a screw on each hot and cold handle, remove the screw, then remove the handle. Now you should see a large Nut around the faucet stem, remove the nut, then the stem can be removed. Depending on the faucet you have, the ceramic disk can be replaced. Most faucet companies give a lifetime warranty on the disk, so you can order a new one for free if you have the warranty papers of the faucet, if not, you can usually get new parts on line, or at a plumbing store.

Nov 23, 2013 | Globe Union Glacier Bay 8 In Double Handle...

1 Answer

Need to purchase valves & brackets for this.....only have the ceramic fixture.

You will probably have to go to a plumbing wholesale house to find the hanger brackets. If they don't have eljer bracket they should have universal brackets that will work fine. They would probable be your best bet for the flush valves also. Thank you.

Aug 29, 2011 | Eljer 161-1150-00 White Dover Wall Mount...

1 Answer

Installed Delta 16955-SSSD Stainless Steel Victorian Single Handle Kitchen 16955-SSSD a couple months ago. About a couple weeks ago experienced low flow for about 4 hours then started working fine. Now...

Remove spay head from the end of the sprayer hose and turn the water on. If you have good pressure without the head, call Delta and ask for a new spray head. If you still have low water pressure without the spray head attached, call Delta and ask for a new ceramic disc cartridge free.

Sep 01, 2010 | Delta 16955-SSSD Stainless Steel Victorian...

1 Answer

Bar fawcet leaks

Brian just go to the hardware or plumbing store and get the little kit to rebuild the cartridge. If you are not quite sure take the cartridge with you and they will talk you through it.

Apr 06, 2009 | Home

1 Answer

Delta faucet is loose ;moves right-left/wobbles. Tightening?

Try tightening the allen set screw behind the spout "you need a special (allen keys) to do this, and one should have came with your faucet". You can also buy or borrow an set of them.
Copy and paste this to your address bar for directions.

Jan 30, 2009 | Delta Victorian T2755-NNLHP Bathroom Roman...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

31 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

15139 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

44881 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17314 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides