Question about Gateway /Creative SoundBlaster Sound Card
I have had the laptop for a long time (just over a year) and it works great and still runs all the games I play but I want to upgrade the sound card. Normally that's no problem but as I said before its a laptop and I don't know how to find out witch sound cards work in this model of laptop. please ether send me a link to a page that will tell some GOOD sound cards or can you just tell me thankyou. Price range $50-$120.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: sound card
here's my solution to your problem..
1. click right mouse button on My Computer Icon
2. navigate to Properties
3. click on Hardware Tab
4. click on Device Manager
5. if an exclamation point is present on the highlighted text then your computer have a sound card but the device driver is not installed... if this is the case, then search for the driver.
1. Select Start
2. Click on Control Panel
3. Click on Sound Speech and Audio Devices
4. Click on Adjust the System Volume
5. There should be 2 tick boxes
click on the lower box to display the volume icon in the taskbar..
this is only applicable if there's a sound card present or the sound card device driver is installed in your system.
If this post does not help please include the Gateway model of your pc... it is much easier to look for a driver if you can provide me with the model...
hope this post can solve your problem... :)
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
SOURCE: Sound Card
Go to this link. and click on the "download" link, ans install it, it should give you your sound back.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
SOURCE: I am having trouble getting
if your computer came with a motherboard disk the sound drivers could be on it
control panel sounds and audio,volume,advanced,speakers select appropriate speakers or audio you will find 3 drop down lists make the necessary adjustments there or
control panel,administrive tools,computer management,device manager,sound video and game controllers could be a yellow question mark? right click to re-install drivers
you might have to get a portable usb sound card if you mean dont have a sound card installed
you might have to uninstall then reinstall both the driver and the sound devices
control panel sounds and audio,volume,advanced,speakers select appropriate speakers or audio you will find 3 drop down lists make the necessary adjustments there or control panel,administrive tools,computer management,device manager,sound,could be a yellow question mark? right click to re-install drivers or right click select properties to either troubleshoot,uninstall,rollback driver
hope this helps
Posted on Dec 31, 2010
SOURCE: I don't have any sound
You can check the device manager of your computer.
here are the steps that you can do.
- click on start
- right click on computer the left click on properties
- on the system information screen click on deice manager on the upper left side of the screen.
- on device manager look for Audio device.
* if you see a ? mark or a ! on it it mean the sound driver is having an issue.
* right click on the device then choose update drivers
* after that update the drivers and then try to check the sound again.
- one other option that you can do is to uninstall the drivers of it then let the windows install the drivers again automatically. then try the sound,
Hope this helps.
Thank you for choosing fixya, your recommendation is highly appreciated.
Posted on Jun 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2011 | Stanley Garden
May 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 20, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite M30-S350 Notebook
Aug 03, 2009 | Intel Frontier Design Dakota 24-Bit PCI...
May 21, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 C200 Notebook
Dec 23, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv9720us Notebook
Jan 01, 2008 | Durabrand 5.1 Surround Sound Computer...
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: