Before You Start
Browse into the Netopia's web interface at http://192.168.1.254
(if using the default IP setting). If your network has a different IP addressing scheme, modify this accordingly.
Login with the admin
user name and password. Admin login is required to save changes. If you are unsure of this, contact your network administrator.
Once logged in, click on the Expert Mode
link in the left-hand side menu (if that link is visible
). In the Expert Mode Confirmation
screen click on Ok
to continue. This menu bar will be visible at the top of your screen if you are in Expert Mode.
Remember to click the Submit
button to save any entries. Hitting the back button without clicking Submit
will undo any changes.
Once you have completed your configuration, click on the
symbol in your upper right hand corner to validate the changes
. Then click on Save and Restart
The Netopia Web GUI Home Page in Expert Mode (Firmware v6.3 and later)
Configuration for NAT Default Host
- Click on Configure in the upper Menu bar.
- Click on Advanced.
- Under the NAT heading, click on the Default Server link to Set up NAT default server options.
- "Check" Enable Default Server.
- When the Default Server box appears, enter the NAT Server IP Address for the specified internal host to which NAT traffic should be directed.
- Click on Submit.
- Click on the in the upper right hand corner. This will validate that the settings are legal for your network.
- If you get Validation Passed, click Save and Restart in the menu. If it doesn't validate the change, a message will indicate the reason. It must be corrected before the configuration change can be applied.
- This completes the configuration of the Netopia for NAT Default Host.
- the nat server ip is the one you type into the browser were you had to type in your admin log in