Question about Aardvark Direct Pro Q10 (bundle) External Sound System

Open Question

Replacement parts volume control

I need to know where I can purchase replacement potentiometers. Both volume pots need to b replaced (Mains and headphone). Yes I've already tried cleaning them and checked the internal solder joints.

Posted by on

  • masterdvader
    masterdvader Jan 04, 2013

    turns out I just called Parts Express and they reccommended



Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Radio volume control

you got bad pot. we techs all know pot, (dope is for dopes)
there is no p/n (sure there was, back when) Pot might be NEC? or other brand, and they don't market parts here. like that. no now.

the radio is from Japan (my guess)
and the part is from a supplier, long gone, i bet. (not co. but line of parts, pots are like buggy whips , today.)

newer cars dont have pots. (they have the digital equivalent)

the real problem is finding the correct physical size and ohms.
can be vary hard, has always been. and 10x that if GANGED.
in most cases even the radio maker don't sell parts.
i'd look on
and at, top seller of radio and disk player parts.

try cleaning and lubing,it, mcm sells pot cleaner.

Jan 02, 2014 | 1996 Honda Civic

1 Answer

How to replace a potentiometer

Disconnect from the mains.
Unscrew the four screws in the top
Slide out the chassis
Remove the knobs
Unscrew the pot nuts
Unclip/unscrew the PCB
Unsolder the pot
Solder in new one.
Re-assemble in reverse order
Strongly suggest you youse a better quality pot
Also the treble pot tends to go on these, replace at same time
All the best, Chris

Apr 14, 2013 | Marshall MG15DFX 15 Watt Compact 2...

1 Answer

I nned mxr fullbore pots replacements

Usually with volume pots,the ratings dont matter. you can really buy then anywhere like guitar center,micro center and online. they're really cheap and well worth it.

Oct 04, 2017 | MXR M-116 Fullbore Metal Guitar Effects...

1 Answer

What potentiometer is being used in rbx 374 bass volume control..because i replaced it with a500 potentiometer but still its not working..i bought yhe bass second hand,,is potentiometers for active pickups...

Yes, active use different value pots than passive. The volume control is LIKELY an "audio taper" which can be either an "A" or a "B" marking as there is confusion about the marking. The resistance is likely around 500K ohms down to as low as 50K ohms. The marking MIGHT be something like 504 B or 503 B or the same with the letter "A".

An A500 pot might be only 50 ohms... That would result in very low output. Again, the marking in the industry is not consistent.

Best bet is to get the part from Yamaha. Go to Yamaha America "parts" dept in California. You can search the phone number with Google.

Oct 10, 2010 | Yamaha Rbx374 4String Electric Bass Guitar

1 Answer

Sansui AU-7500 volume control problem - need replacement


Is that the fancy pot with more than 6 leads..kinda square looking?

This place has some.

Rate my help if this helps...Thanks

Mar 11, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have a old NAD 1300 pre amp. I need to replace the volume rheostat where can i buy the part?

Hi, for the price of servisol you may as well buy a brand new pot. The nad uses a dual carbon pot. Any electronics shop should have one.
Is it a pcb mounted type or one with loot solder tags?
A couple of quid, but if you want to upgrade, then spend around a tenner and get an alps conductive plastic pot.
Try this:-

Have a look on ebay, there should be loads.

Just found this mod.

If you need more help, give us a shout and i'll try harder :)

Regards - Anthony

Feb 11, 2010 | NAD C320 2-Channel Amplifier

1 Answer

My Behringer BXL3000A bass amp's volume control makes a noise, so what could be the problem?

If the noise appears only when you rotate the control, there is dust inside it. With the amp disconnected from mains, rotate the volume control from min to max back and forth for about 30 times. See if this helps. This is not a definite solution, you maybe have to replace the potentiometer or spray some potentiometer cleaner. Good luck!

Nov 22, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Seiko Westminster Chime Clock; Model No. QF0020 (or QF002G)

There is a small potentiometer that the volume know is on, probably replacing the pot will fix the problem. Radio Shack has these.

Nov 10, 2008 | Seiko Mantel Clock

1 Answer

Volume on/off potentiometer


You didn't mention where you are from, so it's hard to recommended a parts source. There are a few of variables here.

Such as:
1. The resistance value of the potentiometer.
2. The length and diameter of the shaft.
3. The shaft end determining what type of knob it will accomodate.
4. Physical size (depth & circumference with on/off switch).

You might try but again, I don't know where you are located. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer's parts department and seeing if you can order the part?

If you can gain access to some tuner cleaner spray/electrical contact cleaner spray, you can try spraying that into the pot and see if it restores the volume control. The on/off switch is probably shot but it won't hurt to spray that as well. The spray is also available from

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
Good luck!
- Jim

Jul 13, 2008 | Boston Acoustics BA735 Computer Speakers

2 Answers

Volume control

Well here goes a spelling problem for me. You need to replace a component called a podentiomiter. It is the actual volume control behind the knob. I have had to replace a few of these, and pioneer seems to to more prone to these problems.

Jan 30, 2008 | KLH KL2400 Tuner

Not finding what you are looking for?
Aardvark Direct Pro Q10 (bundle) External Sound System Logo

Related Topics:

21 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Aardvark Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you an Aardvark Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides