Question about Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
After recording something we pressed stop recording but the red light did not go away we freaked out and tried to turn it off but it wouldn't go we just let it sit there in the morning it was off. i tried to turn on but it didn;t turn on so i plugged it in to my computer and it didn't regester it and nothing happened it wont turn on!!!! help!!!
Have you tried resetting the camera? Hold down the power button and the red button simultaneously until the camera shuts off (takes about 10 seconds). Then, just press the power button again and the camera should turn back on. I had the same problem; when I pressed the red button to stop recording, the camera froze, and the red light remained on. I tried resetting it like this, and it seemed to work.
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
I had the same problem with my flip mino hd. Here are the steps I took to fix it.
1. Adjust the power options on your laptop to ensure it does not sleep/hiberate ever.
2. Reset the camcorder by inserting a paperclip into the hole in the tripod mount. Hold the paperclip in there for about seven seconds.
3. Then immediately plug the flip into the cpu.
4. You may not see anything besides the little blinking white light on the USB arm for a while (about 30 minutes maybe) but leave it in.
5. Eventually it should spring to life and show the recharging battery on the little screen (the Flip Share program may start too.)
6. Leave it charging until the little white light stops flashing - full charge about 3 hours.
7. You can then remove the flip and change the power settings back to normal.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
I had the same problem. Try popping the battery cover off, removing the battery, then replacing it. This worked for me.
Posted on Dec 07, 2009
You have to **** it and then it will turn on
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
I pressed the red bottom and the power bottom simultaneously and it did work. Thank you so much luminescence whoever you are.
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
HI....thanks for that suggestion Lumi....it worked!
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
Guest! I love you to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
While recording with my mino it just turned of i thought it might be dead but when i went the charge it the white little light was blinking but nothing happened to the screen i charged it over night and tried to turn in on today still nothing I've tried everything everyone has said but still nothing
Posted on Oct 28, 2011
Luminescence is a savior, if what he said doesn't help then you might be screwed, but it saved my *** :D
Posted on May 08, 2010
Hi I have a flip video ultra HD and when the battery was low I plugged it into my computer to recharge and it has not worked since. It wont even turn on. I tried the suggestions above and nothing has worked. Help please!!!
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2010 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Sep 16, 2010 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Sep 09, 2010 | Flip Video Mino Camcorder
Apr 08, 2010 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Jan 26, 2010 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Jan 12, 2010 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Jan 14, 2009 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Jun 02, 2008 | Pure Digital Flip Video Camcorder
22,399 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: