- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
HP laptops have a built-in recovery mode on the system wherein you don't need to use a disc to restore it to factory default. The hotkey for the recovery is the F10 key. After you press the power button, you need to simultaneously press the F10 key to start system recovery. If this one won't work for you, you need to order the recovery discs from HP at 1-800-474-6836 (you need to have an external dvd reader to load the discs). If you're still under warranty, they'll give it to you for free.
try a utility called "FDisk" Youll need an external drive,,only certain netbooks give you the option to format or restore to factory settings,this model has many different versions and only some of them offer factory restoration/formatting. Good Luck Davey Snake!!
If acer gives you a cd wherein you can insert it and reformat back to original settings, please make sure you shut down the pc and then press repeatedly F12. Then select Boot to CD. Follow the prompts and select Format C: drive to begin reformatting it..
Restoring the HP Mini to its original factory settings:
1. Click the "Start" icon in the lower-left corner of your HP Mini Windows 7 home screen. Click "All Programs" and then click "Recovery Manager."
2. Click "Recovery Manager" again to open the HP Recovery Manager program.
3. Click "System Recovery" from the list of options beneath the "I need help immediately" section on the left side of the program. The HP Mini will automatically restart and open the HP Recovery Manager.
4. Click "System Restore," and then click "Next." Click "No" if a message pops up on your screen asking if you want to use Microsoft System Restore.
5. Select "Recover without backing up your files," and then click "Next." The restoration process could take between 30 and 90 minutes, depending on the size of your hard drive and how much information you have stored on it. The HP Mini will restart when the laptop has been restored to its original factory settings, and you will be prompted to set up Windows.
Hp has their own recovery console located under all programs. This program (if equipped) will reload the system to factory. If it isn't, unfortunately you will need recovery discs and an external dvd drive.
other laptops, Acer laptops integrate a computer management utility
called 'Acer eRecovery Management' to create backup of hard drive data,
create restore point, reinstall applications & drivers, and reset
Acer mini notebook to factory setting.
Step 1: Before starting your Acer laptop, ensure that there is no external storage device attached to it. Now start your laptop.
Step 2: Press 'Alt + F10' when the laptop starts booting, and wait for a moment while Windows loads the reset files.
Step 3:When 'Acer eRecovery Management' window appears, select 'Restore System from factory default' and click 'Next' to continue.
Step 4: Again click 'Next' to
reset your Acer laptop. This process will erase all data from your hard
disk and reset your Acer mini notebook to original factory settings.
Step 5: Click 'OK' in the notification window to begin the the resetting operation. Now wait while your Acer mini notebook is reset to factory settings.
Tips: You can also create a backup copy of your notebook data before factory reset. Simply click 'Backup' in 'Acer eRecovery Management' window.
Normally for acer machine if you need to do factory restore.. You need to call acer were they will provide a restore disc with all the features that came along with the computer..They might charge you about $15.... So call acer etch support.. They are the best to help you on this
You need a specalist code program available only to HP techs called NBDMIFIT - this accesses the dmi bios codes for 99% of HP platforms to modify & update bios codes and information. Find a HP / Compaq tech takes only a few minutes