This function is provided for service personnel in order to reset the counter of each periodical replacement part and count the number of replacement times when replacing the periodical replacement parts.
(1) Press the 3 and 9 buttons at the same time in the ready status.
(2) The “Reset Menu” will appear on the LCD. Select the applicable periodical replacement part by pressing the up arrow or down arrow button and press the OK button. < Periodical replacement parts are indicated on the LCD > - Drum - Belt Unit - PF KitMP - PF Kit1 - PF Kit2 - Fuser - Laser
(3) When the OK button is pressed the “1. Reset 2. Exit” appears on the LCD. Press the 1 button if resetting the counter. If not, press the 2 button.
(4) Pressing the 1 button accepts that the machine implements the counter reset.
(5) If the 2 button is pressed the machine goes back to the select part counter again. If you need to Exit press the Stop/Exit button at any time.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You probably need to go into the menu structure and find the resets menu. It could be under machine info or maintenance. When you have found the reset menu or parts life, you should be able to reset the OPC Belt.
hl-2700" OPC Reset
press GO and "+" at same time press "+" until OPC BELT appears press "SET"
that will reset the counter on the expensive OPC.
Since the "MFC-9420CN" is build on the same chassis and engine, the "OPC belt reset for the 9420CN" is as follows:
Press 1 and 7 at the same time Press 1 to reset the life counter.
Set Belt CG The OPC belt cartridge needs replacement.
Replacing the Optical Photoconductor (OPC) Belt Cartridge Replace the OPC belt cartridge at least once every 12 months, or when the control panel display indicates that replacement is necessary. The life of the OPC belt cartridge for the T8106 is about 60,000 images (15,000 color pages), at a 5% toner coverage rate on letter-size paper. 1. Turn the power switch off. 2. Unlock the lever to open the front cover. This releases the pressure on the toner cartridges. 3. Unlock the lever to open the top cover fully. 4. Pull the green OPC belt cartridge lock levers up until they unlock.
5. Pull the used OPC belt cartridge upward and out of the printer carefully to avoid spilling toner. 6. Discard the used OPC belt cartridge Caution! Do not touch or wipe off any powder that is on the OPC belt, nor expose the OPC belt to light. 7. Remove the two shipping pins from the new OPC belt cartridge. 8. Remove the protective sheet that covers the photosensitive belt. 9. Slide the new OPC belt cartridge downward into both green lock-lever guides and into the printer carefully. 10. Push the green OPC belt cartridge lock levers down until they lock. 11. Close the top and front covers carefully until they both lock.
Resetting the belt cleaner life is to be performed only if the Belt Cleaner Assembly was defective and or the assembly is replaced before an end of life or near end of life message. Not to extend the life of the assembly. Doing so may cause premature failure of other internal printer components.
The printer will prompt the user to reset the life counts if the assembly is replaced after receiving a Replace Belt Cleaner Assembly or Replace Belt Cleaner Assembly Soon message.
Note: If the main Menu does not appear on the front panel screen and only Replace Belt Cleaner Assembly is displayed, there may be a print job that is either processing or currently printing. Try the following steps to clear the print jobs and reset the Belt Cleaner life:
Press the cancel button several times to flush processing jobs from the printer.
If you do not receive access to the front panel menu by doing this, then power off the printer and disconnect Ethernet, parallel or USB cable from the printer.
Turn the printer back on, and while it is powering up, immediately start pushing the cancel key repeatedly until you receive access to the front panel menu.
If the printer menu appears on the front panel screen, follow the instructions below to reset the Belt Cleaner life if the printer didn't prompt you to reset it:
With Menus highlighted press OK.
Press the Down Arrow and scroll to Supplies Info Menu.
Press the Down Arrow and scroll to Exit at the bottom of the menu tree.