Question about Dryers
I made a mistake plugging my desk top computer to a 220 volt-line instead of 110 volt line and I immediately head a popping sound and the smell of burnt electrical material. Can this computer still be repaired/
Most likely the damage is too great to be repaired and if it can be repaired the cost of repairing may not be worth it.
If it was me I would put my money towards a new computer.
Posted on Jan 04, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The least of your problems would be a burnt out relay or internal switch which can be replaced at reasonable expense. In a worst case the motor or heating element "fried" and it'll be cheaper to buy a new dryer.
BTW 110 and 220 plugs are entirely different and a 110 plug cannot be plugged into a 220 outlet.
Posted on Apr 16, 2010
it is possible. But first check the pcb fuse or board and even the transformer for the pcb board if theres a burn out replaced it. 2nd you check the motor if theres a resistance or no continuity or grounded. then replace it .
Posted on Feb 07, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2015 | Dell OptiPlex Computers & Internet
Mar 30, 2011 | Vacuums
Mar 17, 2011 | Bosch MUM6630 Universal Series Stand Mixer
Jan 19, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 15, 2010 | Health & Beauty
Apr 16, 2010 | Whirlpool LGR5636L Gas Dryer
Aug 02, 2009 | Haier Heating & Cooling
Nov 20, 2008 | Moyer Diebel 24 in. 501HT Built-in...
Apr 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 14, 2017 | Maytag Dryers
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!