Question about Acer TravelMate 512DX Notebook
When I start the laptop I get the message "Bad CMOS battery" so therefore I need to locate the batery and replace it.
You have got an older model, try this:
follow the instructions:
you will need:
a slim x-screw-driver
a sharp knife with a slim blade and
a cup or else for the screws, don't loose them!
a new c-mos bios battery model: CR-1220 (exchange it while your in there!)
you find c-mos battery and hdd under the keyboard!
- turn off the power, remove accu and charger cable, for static electricity is friendly fire
to your laptop now !
- open your screen to max. fold (angle of 180 degrees)
- look for removable plastic part near to left holder of screen
- carefully remove it
- also remove plastic panel right to it in the section between display holders
metal should be visible now
- carefully! remove keyboard, starting at the left side, continuing topside
as you won't be able to fully remove it, simply turn it over
- unscrew any screws holding the metal plate, remove it
- now you see: left the CPU plus cooler, top right middle the hdd still in an adapter attached
to the mainboard, at it's lower right the C-MOS battery (g
- turn loos these screws
- carefully remove the frame/adaptor holding the hdd
- unscrew again the adaptor
- seperate hd fram adaptor
... and gotcha!
be careful to get a proper notebook hd (samsung or such)
exchange CMOS-battery by chance
reattach new hd to frame, again carefully!
to reassamble: rewind the procedures
put everything back in place
replug, pray and turn on the lappie.
wish you luck.....
Posted on Jun 13, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for all of the information. The keyboard was destroyd during the removal process so we bought a new one instead."
Sometimes it can be seen accessed thru the memory expansion door on the bottom of the PC.
Otherwise, access may be good through the case under the keypad.
Here is a pic of what you are looking for.
If you require help on removing the keyboard, just ask.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2013 | PC Laptops
Oct 31, 2012 | Acer TravelMate 6493-6495 Notebook
Nov 11, 2011 | PC Laptops
Dec 20, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 4150LCi Notebook
Nov 19, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 240 Notebook
Oct 22, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 512DX Notebook
Jan 28, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 529ATX Notebook
Jan 19, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 512DX Notebook
Dec 15, 2008 | Acer TravelMate 512DX Notebook
2,341 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: