Question about Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1) Remove ALL power. Remove the AC adapter (Charger) and Battery. (Main battery)
2) Lay a soft static free cloth on a table, lay the laptop upside down on it, Battery Compartment facing AWAY from you.
3) Remove the Harddrive Bay Cover.
This is the large rectangular cover nearest you.
Two Philips head screws are loosened all the way, on the Right side of the cover. Then the right side of the cover is lifted up. (The Left side has plastic tabs. Swing the cover up, and out )
4) Three Philips head screws hold the Harddrive Caddy in. One on the right side, two on the left.
Remove the screws.
Grasp the Mylar tab on the Harddrive Caddy, and pull to the right.
This disengages the Harddrive from the interface of the motherboard.
Lift the Harddrive up, and out.
5) The RTC Battery is under the Harddrive Caddy.
Real Time Clock Battery.
Plugs in with a white connector, on the end of it's Black, and Red wires.
For additional questions please post in a Comment.
Posted on Apr 12, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2015 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP G56-122US Notebook
Aug 07, 2014 | HP Compaq Presario CQ57-229WM Notebook PC
Feb 27, 2014 | HP Pavilion dv7-1129wm Notebook
Oct 13, 2013 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Sep 24, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jun 16, 2012 | HP Compaq 6735s Notebook
Apr 10, 2012 | Computers & Internet
393 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!