How To Keep Kids Safe On The Web
19 June 2007 (updated)
This article features advice for helping kids stay safe while they browse the Web.
The World Wide Web
provides a wonderful resource for entertaining and educating children.
However, dangers do exist and it is important for kids and parents to be aware of these dangers and to know how to stay safe online
This article features practical advice for both kids and parents.
Advice for Kids
is full of interesting web sites
and is a great way to meet new friends
across the world who share your interests. Unfortunately, not everyone you meet on the World Wide Web is friendly and some people even pretend to be someone they're not.
To make sure you have a safe time while you're surfing the Web, remember these tips:
- - Avoid giving out your e-mail address to people you don't know
- - Never give out your full name, telephone number, home address or the name of your school
- - Don't open e-mails or attachments from people you don't know
- - If you visit a web site or receive an e-mail that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell your parent or whoever looks after you
- - Don't tell other people your Internet passwords
- - Never agree to meet up with someone you have met on the Internet
- - Try to avoid staring at the screen for too long without a break
Some interesting web sites for you to try: