Question about Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Posted by Anonymous on
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Error Code
F7 problems are usually caused by poor connections. I suggest to unplug the ribbon connector off the control board and cleaned the copper connectors using alcohol or with a pencil eraser. If that does not work the touch pad may be defective.
Posted on Jan 19, 2008
SOURCE: F7 Error code on Kenmore
On the tech insert found in a cavity under the cover of my Kenmore MHC, the F7 code means the inverter board ($90 - $130 street price Fall 2008) is bad and needs replacement. I am having this problem, and verified that the magnetron was not shorted to ground with an ohm meter. I verified with a volt meter that the magnetron was not getting any voltage applied across the cathode from the inverter board when the microwave is running ("WARNING"- don't do this test with the magnetron connected.) I have an inverter board on order.
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
Assuming yours is a model KHMS2050SSS0, here is what the technical sheet says about the F7 error code:
1. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
2. After 40 seconds, check to see whether this solves the problem.
3. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
4. Check cooling fan operation
5. Check the magnetron.
6. Check P65 connection on the relay control board.
7. Check the P56/P66 connection between relay board and relay control board.
8. Check wiring to the 1200W inverter and control system. See “Checking Inverters.”
9. Check operation of all interlock switches.
10. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
11. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
12. Check voltage at 4903-1 on relay board. If it is 120, unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
13. Replace inverter.
14. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
15. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
16. If problem persists, unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
17. Replace relay control board.
18. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
19. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
20. If problem persists, unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
21. Check for reversed plug connection on controls or loose wiring.
22. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
23. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
(This troubleshooting guide presumes one does not know how to test electronic components. That's why they say to replace and part and check it again.)
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number from the tag on the oven here.
If yours is a different model number, please reply back.
Posted on May 26, 2009
SOURCE: F7 ERROR CODE ON GH6177XPS
This is a known problem with this unit, and whirlpool has put out a Service Flash out on this. The reason this is happening is Electrical circuit interruption between the L1 and Neutral in the microwave invert circuit. This has to be addressed by a Tech.
Posted on Dec 24, 2009
SOURCE: My microwave won't work, and
Hello, and thanks for using FixYa.
On whirlpool microwaves yes its a microcontroller board failure aside from replacing the board a skilled technician with previous experience might be able to repair the board for you instead of replacing it.
seems like the part goes for 155$ as new. but is currently out of stock.
please select the correct model number from the top of that page to confirm that its correct part for your machine.
Posted on Oct 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2016 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jul 24, 2014 | Whirlpool Gold GH5184XPS 1.8 Cu. Ft. Over...
Oct 15, 2013 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Feb 06, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS2050S 1200 Watts Microwave...
Feb 01, 2011 | Whirlpool GH6177XPS Microwave Oven
Oct 26, 2010 | Kenmore 68361 Microwave Oven
May 13, 2010 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven
Dec 24, 2009 | Whirlpool GH6177XPS Microwave Oven
Nov 18, 2009 | Whirlpool GH9176XMS 1100 Watts Microwave...
Jan 19, 2008 | KitchenAid KHHS179L Convection/Microwave...
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!