Question about HP J4680 Office Jet All-In-One Printer
New hp officjet j4680 is set for answer automatic and on 2 ring. when called the fax rings but no answer. printing works fine. help no one else could figure out and use this for business. thank neil clark
initially you have to check and correct this few settings.
To receive a fax manually
1. Make sure the device is turned on and you have paper loaded in the main tray.
2. Remove any originals from the document feeder tray.
3. Set the Rings to Answer setting to a high number to allow you to answer the
incoming call before the device answers. Or, turn off the Auto Answer setting so
that the device does not automatically answer incoming calls.
4. If you are currently on the phone with the sender, instruct the sender to press Start on their fax machine.
5. When you hear fax tones from a sending fax machine, do the following:
a. Press the left arrow or the right arrow to select Fax B&W or Color fax.
b. Press Start.
c. After the device begins to receive the fax, you can hang up the phone or remain on the line. The phone line is silent during fax transmission.
Hope this initial info helps you.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2014 | HP LaserJet Pro M127FN Laser Multifunction...
Dec 11, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Dec 08, 2010 | HP 1040 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
To set the answer mode to manual or automatic via the control panel
? Press Auto Answer to turn the light on or off, as appropriate for your setup.
When the Auto Answer light is on, the device answers calls automatically. When
the light is off, the it does not answer calls.
To set the answer mode to manual or automatic via the embedded Web server
1. Open the embedded Web server, click the Settings tab, click Fax in the left pane,
and then click the Basic sub-tab.
2. Select On or Off in the Auto Answer drop-down menu in the Other Basic Fax
Set the number of rings before answering
If you turn on the Auto Answer setting, you can specify how many rings occur before
incoming calls are automatically answered.
The Rings to Answer setting is important if you have an answering machine on the
same phone line as the device, because you want the answering machine to answer
the phone before the device does. The number of rings to answer for the device
should be greater than the number of rings to answer for the answering machine.
For example, set your answering machine to a low number of rings and the device to
answer in the maximum number of rings. (The maximum number of rings varies by
country/region.) In this setup, the answering machine answers the call and the device
monitors the line. If the device detects fax tones, it receives the fax. If the call is a
voice call, the answering machine records the incoming message.
To set the number of rings before answering via the control panel
1. Press Setup.
2. Press Basic Fax Setup, and then press Rings to Answer.
3. Enter the appropriate number of rings by using the keypad, or press the left or right
arrow button to change the number of rings.
4. Press OK to accept the setting.
To set the number of rings before answering via the embedded Web server
1. Open the embedded Web server, click the Settings tab, click Fax in the left pane
and then click the Basic sub-tab.
2. Select a number in the Rings-to-answer drop-down menu in the Other Basic Fax
Dec 02, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7650 Printer
Aug 12, 2010 | Lexmark X5650 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER
Jun 07, 2010 | HP Officejet 4315v All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 09, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 21, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 03, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 27, 2007 | Brother IntelliFAX 775 Plain Paper Thermal...
274 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: