Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Pgbk 220 cartridge won't print. Page prints with all colors except black.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Breath and Relax... this should resolve your problem.
Routine maintenance and keeping full ink tanks will prevent this problem, however if you have the problem you can resolve it by doing the following:
1. Clean your ip3000 print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most Walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to use a pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
Time necessary 45-50 minutes
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3.Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent around it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, alternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be careful not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on a clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
SUGGESTION: For many years of problem free printing, keep a double set of ink cartridges, one set full at all times. Whenever a cartridge runs out of ink, replace it IMMEDIATELY, with a new one or a refilled one. This gives the print head no chance to dry out and create clogged heads. Routine maintenance of cleaning the heads every 24 months does wonders for keeping your ip3000 in new condition.
Happy Printing .
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Hi There You can try/
Usage of compatible ink and leave the printer idle too long may cause printhead clogging
What should you do if you get this problem. Relax; you may recover the printhead by unclogging it. Follow these steps to unclog the printhead
1. Right click in the printer driver name
2. Select Properties menu
3. Click Maintenance tab
4. Click on cleaning sign for regular cleaning. Perform this up to 3 times.
5. If this does not work, perform Deep Cleaning
And if that not work
Some times it needs a good clean up but this is up to you if you want to do this,
But after you done this prime the printer so it gets the inks back in the heads, it may take a little time for the inks to work.
There is fluid cleaner for this but I can never find any in the shops the only ones I seen is when they sell them in Tesco but they come in with the ink refill bottles so I just use worm water by it self on a cloth and dabbing on the heads to clean them, it will not harm the heads but not to much water.
Some heads are on the inks them self but some have them inside the printer so I not know your printer so if the heads are inside you need to get them out you may find that some heads will just clip out put some need to be unscrewed so you got to know how they come out so be careful and not push to hard on them, if the heads are on the ink then it is a easy job to clean them,
It worth a try it worked for me more than ones.
Please all I ask is call back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one, so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2016 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 07, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MX860 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 02, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Sep 04, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Apr 26, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office...
Nov 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4600 Color InkJet Photo...
Feb 16, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP960 Printer
Oct 13, 2008 | Canon MP610 Photo All-In-One Printer
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!