Question about Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
I am having a problem with Samsung Laser printer SCX-4521F. The display panel is displayed with the alert of " Open Heat Error ". I cant troubleshoot it yet. Could you suggest me what should i do to solve out that problem?
CORRECT SUGGESTION, TYPICALLY EITHER LAMP OR THERMOSTAT IS FAULTY
Posted on Sep 16, 2007
My printer is samsung scx-4521f is not working in its lcd panel its showing open heat error
Posted on Dec 17, 2010
Fix for open heat error - worked on Samsung scx 4500 printer
The problem may be caused by dirt getting in between the fuser cylinder and heat sensor. Before ordering a new fuser -which can be expensive - and if you have some experience with electronics, you may try the following:
1)Disconnect the power supply from the mains and the printer cable and wait for the printer to cool. Do not just turn the printer off; unplug it.
2) Open the printer. Remove the printing cartridge.
3) Locate the two Phillips screws that hold the fuser cover (the one that has high temperature and/or high voltage warnings printed on it) and remove them with a suitable tool.
4) In the middle of the fuser unit on the interior side there is a heat sensor. It has two wires, that go to a connector on the left of the interior side (with the printer open towards you). The connector sits in a holder. Pull it out of the holder, then disconnect the male from the female. Untangle the sensor's wires from the plastic wings that hold them onto the unit.
5) Now you are ready to remove the heat sensor. It is held in place by one Phillips screw similar to the two you removed from the fuser cover.
6) Having removed the screw, pull the sensor first slightly away from the fuser (to clear the plastic margin on the fuser unit) and then straight up. DO NOT apply force! it should come out very easily.
7) Now you are holding the heat sensor. You are looking at a black square piece of plastic with a hole in the middle (for the screw) out of which on one side come out the two wires ending with a connector, and on the other side, two thin plates laminated together in a soft transparent plastic material (probably silicone rubber). If you look carefully, inbetween the two metal plates sits a very tiny component - the actual semiconductor sensor.
8) On the side of the sensor that when in operation faces the hot fuser cylinder, you will find a layer of solid black residue. Now comes the tricky part: removing the residue. Careless manipulation of the sensor may result in a permanently damaged sensor. You have been warned.
9) Hold the sensor (or place it on an adequate surface, eg rubber) so that no excessive mechanical tension is applied to its active parts (the laminated plates and semiconductor). Scrape the residue off the sensor gently with an object that will not harm the transparent plastic lamination. Do not use anything sharp. The residue should come off very easily. If it doesn't, do not apply excessive force.
10) You are ready to mount the sensor back on the fuser unit. Insert it exactly as you removed it, with the active part down. The wires that go to the connector should come out the side opposite to the connector (if you took notice when you disassembled, they make a u-turn when assembled). You will not be able to mount the sensor if you insert it the other way around.
11) Secure the sensor with its Phillips screw. Do not apply excessive torque.
12) Thread the sensor's wiring through the plastic wings on the fuser body and assemble the connector.
13) Put the cover back on the fuser unit and secure it with its 2 screws.
14) Put the printing cartridge back in place.
15) Close the printer. Connect it to the mains and to the computer. Turn power on.
16) Happy printing.
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
You have an error in the fuser unit. Try to unplug the power cord, then plug it back in to see if that fixes the problem. If you continue to get the same error, the fuser unit is going to need to be serviced or replaced. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Posted on Jun 27, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 23, 2011 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Mar 01, 2011 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Sep 27, 2010 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Sep 24, 2010 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Aug 03, 2010 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Aug 01, 2010 | Samsung SCX 4200 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jul 02, 2010 | Samsung SCX-4828FN All-In-One Laser...
Sep 01, 2009 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
1,404 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: