Question about HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
HP Pavilion Vista clock reverting to 1899
Vista Home Premium
HP Pavilion (14 Mos. Old)
For the last week (Wk of 1/11-1/18/2009) my computer clock intermittently reverts to December 1899.
Have synched the clock several times and it will be OK for a few hours or a day, and then while I am using it, or sometimes when I start up, or when PC has been idle and I return, it will be back to 1899.
Have run Anti Virus, Spybot etc. and still having this problem.
Can anyone help me as to what could be the problem?
Was not able to find my PC in the list below
To me that still seems that you may have a virus. A lot of times when you run Norton, Macafee, Spybot the virus knows what you are trying to do and hides it self.
Sometimes you have to use a kinda unknown Anti-Virus program (unknown as in, a lot of people really never heard of it). If I was you I would try this program and run a full scan.
The Program I want you to run is called Malwarebytes, it is a free program.
Steps to run it.
1. install (everything is set as defualt, so just keep pressing next or ok)
2. Run a full scan in normal mode (not Safe mode)
3. You should see something that says Objects infected (if that turns red, and there are number next to it. That is how many virus the program has found) If it does find virus please continue to the next steps, if not you are all set.
4. Once the scan is all done, you will see a button that pops up saying "scan done successful" press the ok button to continue.
5. Now on the bottom right you will see will it says "show results", press that button
6; Next you will see on the bottom Left "delete infected files" make sure you press that button.
7. You should see a note screen pop up, that is just telling you what the software found, just "X" out of that, restart your computer and you should be find.
8. after you restart your computer, the time might still be set as 1899, just fix it and then you should not have that problem again.
I hope this works for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv6704nr Notebook
Oct 15, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv9543cl Notebook
Sep 02, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv7-1240us Notebook
Jan 11, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jul 07, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Jun 09, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Mar 30, 2009 | HP PC Laptops
Feb 23, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Aug 09, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!