- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since the edirol is USB powered try using it without any other USB devices connected. Maybe some USB disk or flash takes much power from the USB and the edirol works with less power. If in that case works fine, plug in the other USB devices on by one to find where is the problem. Always check the line input of the edirol, cause mic input makes too mauch amplification and the noise level is critical.
I had the same problem. When I installed the Edirol software it prompted to 'reboot' and when it restarted all the lights on the Edirol came on.
Why don't you try it like that.
Hook up the Edirol
Install the software
Best of luck
1.make sure the guitar/mic switch is pointed to the guitar side. increase the guitar/mic level. increase the output level.
2.another thing you can do is check the "sound and audio devices" to see if everything is set to Edirol UA-4FX. If everything isnt, fix it so that it does. and remember to disable your computers stock sound card. Edirol UA-4FX is your new sound card from now on.
3. if thats not the case, try reinstalling the drivers.
4. If all of the above fail, you probably have a loose connection/ bad wiring in the guitar/mic 1/4" input. you can choose to open up the device and solder that yourself and possibly lose your warranty or have the entire unit replaced.
Hope I helped! good luck!
this is a usb bus powered, and maybe you got problem with the usb port, this happen many times the port can supply the correct voltage to the unit, do you have acces to other compu? try in it, if not then you are rigth, the ua-4fx is broke...good luck