Question about Tablets & eReaders
Forgot pattern password
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
TC1000 Password Clearing Procedure
1. Discharge any static electricity you may be carrying, it can burn up your mainboard and it doesn't take much! Remove the battery pack and place it out of immediate reach. you will be tempted to snap it back in later before it should be and this will spoil the work. Read everything before you start so you will understand. Remove the mini PCI communications/ memory expansion slot cover (2 small phillips screws, stick them to a piece of tape. When you reinstall them later, start by turning backwards till you hear and feel the threads mesh, then tighten slowly ... you don't want to strip out the threads on your frame! "Lefty loosey, righty tighty")
2. Remove the RTC battery “Real Time Clock (RTC) Battery” This is the black coated nickel sized battery tucked under the frame edge a little. You may have to remove the RAM if you have the extra slot filled to have enough room to work the RTC battery out. to remove the RAM chip pull the spring arms gently away from both sides at once and it will pop up at a 45 degree angle. pull it straight out. to reinstall it later put it back in at an angle, push it gently in then down to let the arms snap onto it and hold it in place. only goes in 1 way, note the notch. Use a toothpick to lift the black plastic film from the edge of the chip as it always tries to get in the way on reinstall. Have some patience or let someone else do it. DO NOT use any metal tools and be sure to remain static free!
Break or cut a short piece off your toothpick to make it easier to use the squared end to push and work the connector of the RTC battery plug off it's attachment. You may be able to unplug the RTC battery without removing it, your call. It connects at the white connector thats located next to the frame rail that separates the battery compartment from the mini PCI communications/ memory expansion bay. It is between (above) the battery release switch and the thumb lift depression to lift out the battery. Now, hold the power switch in the on position for 30 or 40 seconds to discharge any static. This is a good and recommended practice every once in awhile when batt is out and AC is not connected.
3. Wait approximately five minutes.
4. Replace the RTC battery (or reconnect it)and reassemble the tablet PC except for the main battery, do not install it yet! Remember the toothpick will help you get the plastic film lifted clear of the RAM chip, work it into place at a 45 deg angle and then gently press it down till it locks. DO NOT STRIP out your cover screws, or try to get them super tight. They will strip out your frame, finger snug is enough.
Do not reinsert the battery pack at this time! Thats why you can't reach it!
5. Connect AC power to the tablet PC.
6. Turn on the tablet PC.
All passwords and all CMOS settings have been cleared.
7. Now you can reinstall the main Batt!
Posted on Apr 05, 2008
SOURCE: forgot password
Tablet PCs aren't my specialty, but as long as you are running Windows XP. it should work like any other version of Windows XP.
Start up in safe mode and log on as administrator. If your computer is like most others, whoever set it up forgot to password protect the administrator profile. If so, you can log on as admin and go to users and change your password.
Posted on Mar 05, 2009
SOURCE: I had a pattern password
You have to reset your tablet back to factory settings:
If you have MID7015:
Here is a step-by-step procedure on how-to perform a factory reset when the unlock pattern code has been forgotten:
This is the "master" reset procedure. No other way of clearing the unlock pattern.
*******This procedure will delete all items (file's) and entries on the MID7015******
Step 1- Power the unit off. Press and hold the "Power Button" till the "Device Option menu appears.
Step 2- Click on "Power Off and select "OK" .
Step 3- Once the unit has been turned off. Press and hold the "reset" button and "power" button simultaneously for eight seconds.
Step 4- The following screen will appear. Press the "reset" button.
Step 5- The Android system recovery screen will appear.
Step 6- The "Home and Menu" button will allow you to go Up and Down the Android system recovery screen.
Step 7- Press the menu button to go to "wipe data/factory reset". . Press the "reset" button.
Step 8- The following screen will appear. .
Step 9- Press the Menu" button to select "Yes- delete all user data".
Step 10- Press the "reset" button.
Step 11- The following screen will appear .
Step 12- Press the "reset" button to reboot/restart the unit.
Posted on Sep 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
Jan 01, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
Jul 14, 2015 | Tablets & eReaders
Nov 14, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Jul 04, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Jan 05, 2013 | Generic A13-MID 1.2GHz 512MB 4GB 7"...
Dec 29, 2012 | Uniden Tablets & eReaders
627 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!