Question about Philips Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: DURABRAND TV 2127N
The original replacement remote is available here: http://www.remotes.com/remotes/servlet/rs?a=Search&o=c&m1=DU1901+&uid=11767457973430 For almost the same price as a universal one. Good Luck
Posted on Apr 16, 2007
SOURCE: parental control code lock tv
I am not sure if this works for your model, but if you have the original remote, turn the TV on, point the remote at the TV and press the "QV" (quick view) and the "9" buttons at the same time. Let me know if that works.
Posted on Sep 01, 2007
SOURCE: tv lock because of parental code
You will need an original remote control, which you can order online. With the original remote, turn the TV on, point the remote at the TV and press the "QV" (quick view) and the "9" buttons at the same time.
Posted on Sep 01, 2007
To Fix my problem I called Insignia and All I Had to do was hold down the display button for 5 seconds? Thanks for the help but looks like I saved $20 Bux.
Posted on Mar 27, 2008
SOURCE: Remove Parental Control Password
I have forgotten the password for my parental control/content adviser window. Can you help me either remove it or change it without knowing the existing password. Thank you!!
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 21, 2015 | Philips Televison & Video
Jun 28, 2008 | Sansui DTV2760 27" TV
Nov 30, 2012 | Televison & Video
1. Turn on the TV using the remote control. In most cases, you will need the original Jensen remote to unlock the TV if you aren't sure of the unlock code. You can purchase an original replacement online if necessary.
2. Look at the screen. If you see a red key on the bottom of the screen, press "Function" and "Mute" on the remote at the same time. This will unlock the channel. Do this if you want to bypass the lock to watch a certain show or channel while leaving the TV locked. All other channels will remain locked and the TV will lock again when it is turned off.
3. Unlock all of the channels on the TV by entering 0711 or 3308. These are the Jensen factory reset codes that will reset the TV to the original factory settings. By doing this, you will loose any information that you have stored in the TV, such as channel labels and schedules. You will have to program the TV again by going through the entire initial set up.
4. Call the technical support service number in your owner's manual if neither of those codes work. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television as the problem may not be the parental lock feature. Have the model number and serial number of the TV available when you call.
5. Take your television to a TV repair shop if neither of the codes work and the TV locked by itself while it was turned on. In this case, the TV may need to be rewired.
Mar 14, 2011 | Jensen 143307 Remote Control
Jan 03, 2011 | RCA 27V520T 27" TV
Mar 12, 2010 | Philips 28PW6305 28" TV
Oct 01, 2009 | Philips Universal PH301S Remote Control
Mar 26, 2008 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Jan 03, 2008 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!