Hi,Improve the Fixya.com experience for everyone by voting!
I'm assuming that you don't need a BIOS password. If so, please read no farther because this will not help you.
Unfortunately, I would either have to be in the chat mode or on the telephone with you to fully analyze your problem and provide a coherent answer. But don't despair because there is a little FREE program that may solve your problem.
Even if you are only moderately computer literate, you will find tat the following will solve your problem at no cost to you:
The freeware Ophcrack Windows password cracker is the best free Windows password recovery tool available. Ophcrack is fast and easy enough for a first time password cracker with basic Windows skills.
Here is a current review and download instructions for OPH Crack. Just follow the link at the end of the review:
How To Use Ophcrack LiveCD
• "Below is a summarized how-to for Ophcrack. However, I highly recommend my step by step guide with screenshots if you're not familiar with Windows password recovery software and need a more detailed walkthrough.
• "To get started, visit the Ophcrack site by clicking on the link at the end of the summary:
• "Once you're there, click on the Download ophcrack LiveCD button. On the next page, click on either the XP or Vista link to download the correct ISO image file for your operating system. Choose the Vista version for Windows 7 as well. This file may take some time to download.
• "An ISO file contains everything that should go on a CD or DVD in a single file. The Ophcrack LiveCD ISO file contains SliTaz (a Linux distribution), the Ophcrack software, and other files needed to recover passwords. Don't worry about the details - the Ophcrack LiveCD is fully automatic - no Linux experience required.
• "Important: Some antivirus programs unnecessarily identify one or both of two files included in Ophcrack as a Trojan or other kind of malware - samdump.dll and pwservice.exe. Both of these files are part of an open source program called pwdump which is included with Ophcrack and is necessary for it to work. The pwdump program is classified more or less as "evil" since it can be used to extract passwords... which of course is exactly what you're trying to do.
• "So don't worry about your antivirus program's flagging of these files (as long as it's just these files). Ignore it and continue on with the process:
• "After downloading, burn the Ophcrack ISO image to a CD. Burning an ISO file is a [sic] different than burning a normal file. Check out How to Burn an ISO Image File to a CD or DVD for more on that topic.
• "After burning, boot to the CD by rebooting your PC with the disc in the drive. Linux will load, Ophcrack will start, and the password recovery will begin.
• "Ophcrack will locate the users on your Windows system and begin cracking their passwords. The process is automatic - you don't usually need to type or click anything. When the passwords are displayed on screen, write them down.
• "Remove the CD, reset your computer and then log on to Windows with your newly recovered password!
• "Once you're back in to Windows, change your password to something you'll remember this time and then create a password reset disk to avoid ever having to do this again."
Click on the following link for the download site: OPH Crack Download
All the best,