Unable to connect to a device?
Before attempting any of the
following steps, make sure that you are running the latest software
version on your SoundLink Wireless Mobile speaker. Click here
to visit the software update center and update your speaker. If you are
still having difficulty connecting to a device after updating the
software, continue to the troubleshooting steps.
Unable to connect with a previously paired device?
Please try the following to resolve this issue:
Perform a product resetTo perform a SoundLink speaker reset, following these steps:
- On the speaker, press and hold Mute for 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly
- Press Power to turn the SoundLink speaker back on
Clear the pairing list on both the SoundLink Wireless Mobile speaker and the source
- On the SoundLink speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds until you hear a tone. The SoundLink speaker clears all Bluetooth devices from its memory and becomes discoverable
- Clear the list on your Bluetooth device. For more information, please refer to the manufacturer of the device
- Perform a product reset. On the speaker, press and hold Mute for 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly. Press Power to turn the SoundLink speaker back on
- Try pairing the device again by following these steps:
- With the Bluetooth device and the SoundLink speaker both turned on, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for three seconds to make the speaker discoverable. The Bluetooth indicator will slowly fade on and off approximately once every second to show the speaker is in discoverable mode
- Set your Bluetooth device to "Discoverable." This will allow your device to discover the SoundLink speaker
- On your device, locate the Bluetooth device list. Select "Bose SoundLink" from the list
- If your device asks for a passkey, enter digits 0000 and press OK. Some devices also ask you to accept the connection. Your Bluetooth device indicates when pairing is complete. The SoundLink speaker indicates pairing is complete when the Bluetooth indicator stops fading on and off and remains on
Be sure the SoundLink speaker is within 30 feet of the Bluetooth deviceThe
system is designed to operate at a range of 30 feet. However,
performance can be diminished by obstacles such as walls or metal, and
may also be affected by other Bluetooth
devices. Try moving the SoundLink speaker closer to the Bluetooth
Be sure the source's Bluetooth function is OnMany Bluetooth
enabled devices have an option where the Bluetooth
feature can be turned On or Off. This option may be set to Off to save
the battery life of the device. Be sure this option is set to On. If the
Bose product is paired to the Bluetooth
enabled device, it should automatically reconnect when its Bluetooth
function is turned on. If the Bose product doesn't automatically reconnect, manually select the Bose product within the Bluetooth
list on the device.
Manually connect the SoundLink speaker in the device listSome
devices will pair to a device but not automatically connect. Go to the
pairing list of the device and check if this is the case. If it is, try
connecting to the SoundLink speaker.