Question about Televison & Video
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It is very easy to replace the power supply.
- Remove the stand
- Remove the speaker
- Remove the back cover.
- Remove 4 wires connector on the psu.
- Remove the 6 screws on the power supply and replace it with a new one.
Hope it will help.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Change the batteries in your remote. If your cat was laying on a button it could have drained them.
Here's tip - you can use your camera on your cell phone to see the IR signal coming out of your remote. Point the remote at your cam and press "On" or any button. You should see a bright flash with every key stroke.
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
SOURCE: Vizio service menu
I found this on another answer board. I've only worked on a couple of these sets (whole board replacement in both cases) so I don't know if this is going to work. But it couldn't hoit!
1. Turn The TV off.
2. Press and hold CH + and CH - buttons on the TV simultaneously.
3. Press and release the POWER button on the TV, then release the CH + and CH - buttons.
4. Press MENU button on the remote. The regular menu comes up, and the set displays an "F" (for "factory") in the bottom right corner of the menu.
5. Press and hold the MENU button for few seconds and the Service Menu will be displayed.
There wasn't any mention of how to exit service mode. Hope this works for you!
(Didn't you just love changing coolant on Magnavox PTVs?)
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
I had the same problem. I replaced the Main Board and it fixed the problem! It was not difficult to do at all as I am a novice at best. The main board has connections to audio, back light power supply and front control panel. It has the HDMI, Composite connections, etc attached as well. Total repair time including putting the back on was about 30-40 min. I obtained the part the part from VIZPARTS.COM and it was about $200 including 2 day air shipping. Good Luck!
Posted on Dec 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2017 | Vizio Televison & Video
Aug 21, 2016 | Vizio SV470M LCD TV
Dec 25, 2015 | Vizio Televison & Video
Nov 21, 2015 | Vizio VO Televison & Video
Dec 17, 2014 | Vizio Televison & Video
Sep 27, 2014 | Vizio E470VA 47" 1080p LCD TV - 16:9 -...
Nov 28, 2011 | Vizio E470VL 47 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
It can be difficult to get things right on the first try. With that truism in mind, Vizio Incorporated includes USB ports on their televisions that you can use to load firmware updates onto the television. Vizio has released firmware updates only for certain television models, and the instructions for installing firmware updates vary slightly by model. To upgrade your television's firmware, you need to download and copy firmware drivers to a USB flash drive and then read and follow Vizio's specific installation instructions for your model.
1. Connect the USB flash drive to your computer
2. Click the "Start" button, and click the "My Computer" icon.
3. Right-click the flash drive, and click "Format" in the menu
4. Select "FAT32" in the drop-down menu, and click the "OK" button. Windows will format your USB flash drive with the FAT32 file system.
5. Open your Web browser, and navigate to the Vizio support Web site at www.vizio.com/support.
6. Click the "Select Your Product" drop-down menu, and select your model of Vizio television from the list. A new page will open that displays available downloads for your television
7. Click the "Firmware Update" link, and save the firmware update file to your computer.
8. Click the "Firmware Instructions" link, and read the instructions specific to your Vizio television model.
9. Right-click the file that you downloaded, click "Rename," and then rename the file to the exact name that is specified in the firmware instructions 10. Right-click the file, and click "Send to" > "E: USB Drive" or whichever drive letter corresponds to your flash drive. The firmware update file is copied to your USB drive 11. Right-click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the right side of the Windows task bar, and eject the device from your computer
12. Disconnect the USB drive, and plug it in to your Vizio TV's USB port.
13. Follow the steps in the firmware instructions to install the firmware update to your television.
Only you can find is the problem with firmware by udating the frimware of your tv. ok
Aug 05, 2011 | Vizio E420VL 42 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
Mar 19, 2009 | Vizio VO47L 47 in. LCD TV
695 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!