I just repaired/reformatted my 1.0 GB Ilo following the instructions below with no problems:
- Please connect the player to a rear USB port on the computer. The display should show â€œUSB Connectedâ€. (If not, please press the power button.)
- Please make sure that all unused programs and applications are closed. You can close the applications by closing as many of the icons in the lower right hand corner (by the clock) as possible.
- Download the correct Firmware
- Click here to download the ILO 116 Firmware
- Click Open to initiate the download
- Double click on the ILO or Siren folder icon. There will be 14 icons.
- There will be a Setup icon that looks like a box with a blue line on it; please double click on this.
- Then click Run - this will open the Install Wizard.
- The Install Wizard has the instructions on the screen as you go through it.
- Once the firmware has installed, please click the Start menu, then Programs.
- Look for the icon that says ILO or Siren, and then double click the Firmware Update to install to the player. Depending on how severe the corruption to the firmware on the player is, you might have to do this step 2 or 3 times in order for it to completely repair the firmware.
It will now search for the ilo. This may take a while depending on how corrupted the firmware is, so be patient.
After it has found the ilo, it will say, "A device has been detected in recovery mode and is being initialized. Please wait."
The ilo should come back to life and start showing it's glorious "USB Connected" screen.
The "Firmware Update" window should appear. Select "Format Data Area" to rid the player of corrupted firmware data. And click "Start".
It can take anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes to re-flash the ilo and the program might appear to have locked up, but it hasn't. So don't close the program or disconnect the ilo!
If the program fails to find the ilo and gives you an error like, "Device Timeout" or something similar, you need to reinstall the ilo drivers. This can be done by inserting the ilo cable into a USB port it has never been plugged into before. Or you can reinstall the drivers by reinstalling the Rave-MP program. (Remove it, restart the computer, and then install it again).
Although, plugging it into a new USB port is the fastest and easiest option.
If your player won't even turn on, follow these instructions first and then those above:
First, remove the battery. While this isn't necessary to get the player into recovery mode, it insures the unit will not power on before the cable is inserted.
On the ilo, hold the "Power" button down while inserting the USB cable. Continue holding the power button down for 5 seconds more after the cable is inserted. The backlight on the ilo will remain off during this time, making the screen appear to be blank.
An hourglass should appear on your computer and Windows should say,
"Found new Hardware 'SMTP3500".