Question about D-Link Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
You can perform a factory reset by logging into the router and under admin settings select factory reset. You can also do it by locating a small hole on the back side of the router, and using a tip of a paperclip insert it into the hole for about 10 seconds with the power on.
Usually you can login on your browser to you router and go to the management section to check for firmware updates and select that button and it will download and install the firmware. On some models, you have to go to the D-link web site and look for firmware updates for your router. Always check what you current firmware you have installed and check the version of you router modem (A, B, C etc). Then you can manually download the firmware (usually in a ZIP file), open the zip file, and then using your browser connected to the router look for Update Firmware. You will have to go to where (folder) you saved the downloaded update and select that file. It is recommended that you update using a LAN connection and not a wireless connection.
Posted on Jan 06, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: DL-524 send mail
Thank you very much for the help.
I found the reason of blocked port 25.
It was blocked by my ISP. I could not imagine that ISP would like to block some ports, and I looked for my errors in router and computer configurations.
All the best!
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
Go to the following website to download the firmware update for the DL-524. This will save the firmware update to your harddrive:
1. Open the web browser
2. Type in the IP address of the DL-524 router.
3. Type admin in the user name field
4. Type the password you set on this device
5. Click on the Tools tab
6. Click the browse button and locate the firmware file you downloaded and saved to your hard drive.
7. Click the apply button to complete the firmware upgrade.
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. . here are the steps u need to do:
1. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
2. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
3. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..on the setup page you will see there, wireless connection settings, you can set your wireless security by using the wep, wpa or wpa2 / tkip
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
4. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
To secure the wireless network , you will need to access the router set up.
Do you have any computer connected to the router with the ethernet cable.
If you do not have the computer connected to the router, then connect one computer to the router.
Do not try this on the wireless computer.
Click Here for step by step solution
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2012 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Jan 05, 2011 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Oct 10, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Mar 07, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Nov 03, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Mar 17, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Mar 15, 2009 | D-Link DI-524 4 Port Wireless-G Router -...
Nov 30, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!