Question about IBM Infoprint 1552 Laser Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Go Here: it's a PDF file which explains how to reset the printer's maintenance count.
Posted on May 15, 2008
Check your toner cartridge (most print quality problems are toner cartridge problems) if that is not the problem (and it probably is) then check the fuser for toner buildup matching the defect you have. There is also a small possibility of the laser being deflected and causing this (unlikely) but clean the small mirror above the toner cartridge (it is small in height and as long as the machine is wide and up in a cavity)
Posted on Apr 05, 2010
SOURCE: I have a IBM 9068
Error 18 is a "Paper Edge Search Error".
1. Check document for damage and check it meets specs.
2. Check that Ribbon Cartridge is installed correctly.
3. Do "Form-Edge Sensor Service Check"
4. Do "Platen" adjustment.
Sensor Status Display:
1. Start Self-Test (press and hold Start 1 on panel: then turn on printer. Keep holding button until at least "00" is displayed.
2. Use a magnet to override cover closed/open sensor to the left of the Start1 button in the indent.
3. Press Reject Off button until "4" is displayed.
4. Press Start1 button to shift to next digit.
5. Press Reject Off to display "4"
6. Display should now read "44"
7. Press Start2 button. The LED display indicates sensor status'
8. You will see changes with inserting paper or removing paper.
FORM-EDGE SERVICE CHECK:
Perform sensor status display as stated above. The sensor is located on the print head carriage on the left side.
1. The upper right vertical segment of the left LED digit is assigned to the form-edge sensor for Command "44"
With no paper the LED segment is unlit.
2. Check the sensor by inserting paper. Move the print carrier to the right to access the sensor mounted on the print carrier.
If the LED segment becomes lit when you insert the paper, and becomes unlit when you remove the paper, sensor is OK.
3. If the sensor does not work, check that the sensor cable is connected correctly. If the cable is okay, replace the following one at a time:
a. Form Edge Sensor -46H2648
b. Form Edge Sensor Cable -46H2730
c. Main Card -
1.46H2632 - Serial Interface
2.46H2634 - Parallel Interface
Posted on Aug 31, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2014 | IBM Infoprint 1552 Laser Printer
Jan 25, 2011 | IBM Infoprint 1552 Laser Printer
Feb 17, 2010 | IBM 4230 Model 102 Matrix Printer
Feb 11, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 08, 2010 | IBM Infoprint 1552 Laser Printer
Oct 15, 2009 | IBM Infoprint 1552 Laser Printer
Apr 19, 2009 | HP LaserJet 5100tn Printer
Apr 22, 2008 | IBM Infoprint 1552n Printer
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: