I just got a Nokia 6085 and a bluetooth dongle for my PC. I installed the dongle, paired my phone with the PC and it worked fine, I was able to transfer some ring tones from the pc to the phone and I was very happy with the setup. Later the same day when I connected to the pc it would only last a minute and then I'd get a disconnect message. Now when I try to connect it immediately says connection failed. I have rebooted the pc, turned the phone off & back on but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows XP Pro w/SP3, the dongle is a Targus ultr mini. Im pretty upset that I just dropped money on a dongle and only got a couple of hours worth of bluetooth use out of it. Any suggestions? I am totally new to bluetooth so please make any answers as simple as possible :)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To set up a Bluetooth connection, do the following: 1. Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth.
2. To activate or deactivate the Bluetooth function, select Bluetooth > On or Off. Indicates an active Bluetooth connection.
3. To search for compatible Bluetooth audio devices, select Search for audio enhancements and the device that you want to connect to the phone. To search for any Bluetooth device in range, select Paired devices. Select New to list any Bluetooth device in range. Scroll to a device, and select Pair.
4. Enter the Bluetooth passcode of the device to associate (pair) the device to your phone. You must only give this passcode when you connect to the device for the first time. Your phone connects to the device, and you can start data transfer.
Uninstall every BT software you have and any Nokia PC Suite software you have. Plug in your BT phone dongle and let windows auto recognize the device. after it is done installing, then put in the Nokia cd. Do it in this order.