Question about Kodak ESP 5 Printer
Took out both inks, took out case, closed door, turned off. Pulled elec plug, waited. Plugged back in, turned on, got msg, the opened lid, installed care and it snapped, installed both inks and they snapped. shut lid - SAME message. Bottom of case is all back with ink..
First change old head with the new box pack head if the problem presist then it is the problem with carriage unit.
Posted on Jan 02, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
what you need to do is to remove the inks and the printhead again and then install it. You just put the printhead improperly. Then once you have cleared the error connect it to your computer and upgrade the firmware by going to www.kodak.com/go/downloads
Posted on Jun 09, 2008
I have to ask this question of you, just to make sure this is not an issue. Are you using a factory new ink cartridge?
Please consider the following:
If you are using a refilled or third party cartridge that may well be your problem. Most manufacturers build logic into their products to prevent the use of “Other Equipment Manufactured” cartridges as well as re-filled cartridges.
They do this to prevent problems from contaminated inks causing problems with print quality or damaging the physical printhead.
If you are using factory new cartridges, then please call the manufacturers Technical Support for assistance with the warranty on the cartridges
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
Contact Kodak. I think it's the batch of printers that were made around this time. I just contacted them (mine is the same age and I'm getting the same error), and they are sending me a new printer.
Posted on Mar 09, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2013 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
Apr 25, 2011 | Kodak ESP 3 Multifunction Printer/ Copier/...
Jan 31, 2011 | Canon MP490 InkJet Printer
Apr 02, 2010 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 11, 2009 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
Sep 22, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
May 31, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 09, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
I had the same problem plus had problems with message indicating "alignment failed" and to monitor the blakc/yellow print head. The print quality was very bad in black. It seemed to print about 1.5 lines and then skip a line. When I replaced black and yellow it seemed to get better print quality was just as bad. Finally called HP support. These are the steps they told me to do.
1. disconnect power
2. remove all ink cartridges
3. remove and clean contacts of both print heads
4. perform simultaneously the following press 6 and # on the keypad while at the same time plug in the power.
5. --- the printer came on (black squares on the screen) and then shut off.
6. --- was told to power up the printer
7. Printer began checking device(took a long time)
8. Printer began aligning printer (took a long time)
9. Finally finished = Message on screen "Alignment Failed"
10. Still not printing and hours later.
11. They will be replacing printer
12. Then they hit you with that you should buy a set of inkjet cartidges from them at $109.96 - warranty 2yr, works better, etc.
13. Sent to somebody else to arrange shipping new printer.
14. Free shipping 5-7 days - big deal - placed my work (home office) on hold.
16. Service help - listen when it follows the script, otherwise like talking to a door (In India).
17. Finally get transfered to somebody else and he informs me that he is not authorize to give me a new printer, need to talk to somebody else who is not there. Advises to call during business hours. He said that he could request that I be called back but that it could take a 1.5 days to get back to me.
18. I am going to call tomorrow morning during business hours - wish me luck.
I don't know what is awaiting but IN The Future I will not talk to anybody from INDIA - they do not have authority and do not listen (but maybe they don't listen because they can't do anything about it).
Oct 03, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
Sep 17, 2007 | HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: